Handscomb
Maxwell
Short
Harper (+)
Sutherland
Tremain
Holland
Coleman

Holy cow that's a strong squad. Could also drop Pucovski/Harper and add in the extra bowler

Squad for first two Marsh cup games against WA and Tassie at the WACA

Marsh One-Day Cup Touring Party:
Peter Handscomb (C)
Scott Boland
Jackson Coleman
Travis Dean
Andrew Fekete
Aaron Finch
Sam Harper
Mackenzie Harvey
Jon Holland
Nic Maddinson
Glenn Maxwell
Will Pucovski
Matthew Short
Will Sutherland
Chris Tremain
Bloody hell that is a strong squad and don't need Holland in that side with Maxwell and short in the side go Bolland

Bloody hell that is a strong squad and don't need Holland in that side with Maxwell and short in the side go Bolland
Holland is a gun OD spinner.

I'd be leaving Fekete, Boland, Harvey and Dean out

Finch
Maddinson
Pucovski
Handscomb
Maxwell
Short
Harper (+)
Sutherland
Tremain
Holland
Coleman

Holy cow that's a strong squad. Could also drop Pucovski/Harper and add in the extra bowler

Be interesting to see what they do as Handscomb kept last year, but Harper was brilliant in BBL

assuming Andrew McDonald is coaching Victoria this season right?
does anyone know the members of the Victorian coaching staff who will be coming to Perth next week?

assuming Andrew McDonald is coaching Victoria this season right?
does anyone know the members of the Victorian coaching staff who will be coming to Perth next week?
I assume all of them? Professional sporting organisation and all that. Who they are I don't know

First game should be a cracker. WA will have something like:

Short
Whiteman (+)
Marsh
Turner
Stoinis
Philippe
Agar
NCN
Paris
Richardson
Behrendorff

Don't really like Agar at 7, but I think he bats there until Marsh/Bancroft come back

I'd be leaving Fekete, Boland, Harvey and Dean out

Finch
Maddinson
Pucovski
Handscomb
Maxwell
Short
Harper (+)
Sutherland
Tremain
Holland
Coleman

Boland in for Short?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boland in for Short?
Would have Short as the 5th batsman picked honestly, and Boland's ODD tournament last year was average IMO

When does it start next weekend? love watching Victoria more than the Aussie's some times..if they were on same time and no vic's in Aussie side I would watch the vics

I’m definitely not ready for the post Cameron White era just yet.

Reckon it’ll be about our 2nd match and I’ll miss seeing Bear in the team

Just flicked over to Fox Cricket to catch us belting the Blues with Whitey tonning up, such a great game! Will be very strange to see Victoria without him

Sad bear is gone but I want to find players who will play for Australia....Will Pukovski is next in line and wat too see M Short S Harper W Sutherland M Harvey lift there game to a new level this year

Last edited:
Well, that was a dismal performance from the Vics today. The team really needs changing, too many players who are letting us down.

Peter Handscomb needs to be dropped, he has really fallen off a cliff with his lack of foot movement. Perhaps Harper deserves a go with the gloves, and Finch should become captain (no sense having Australian captain without a role in the team)

Harris has lost all his confidence since the Ashes, while Pucovski isn’t cut out for the one day game and should instead focus on FC. Maxwell is hit-and-miss, but his best is worthwhile keeping in the team. Just really needs to work on his pull shot, so too does Maddinson.

Assuming we lose again, which form suggests will happen, the last 3 games I'd like to see:

Finch
Harper (+)
Handscomb
Maxwell
Short
Harvey
Sutherland
Pattinson
O'Connell
Evans
Coleman

Give us a look at Zak Evans. He's supremely talented.

Much of the same thanks.
Harris needs time in the middle to regain form, a test spot is on the line.

CA won’t want him dropped
Maddinson likewise they won’t want dropped.

Maybe 1-2 changes from today but nothing drastic. Would probably replace Tremain tbh

Remove this Banner Ad

Back