State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

That's what I said.

I'm wondering why specifically he failed. Like I said, the couple of times I saw him play he looked the goods - so I'd have expected him to do better than that with so many chances.
Sorry, misread your post. My bad. He had limited range of shots against state bowlers I thought. Got bogged down a lot and batted very very slowly. Cashes in at the level below against looser bowling.

Heard he's a bit of a knob too. Certainly came across that way when he was taking a crack at Greg West from the boundary in the BBL a few seasons back

Watched his inings the other night and his technique is pretty ordinary. Seems a mixture of Katich’s graft and Bancroft’s poor shot selections.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah it isn't great. Probably a white ball only player.

Not under 19 related but I see Brayden Stepien went berserk on Sunday for Carlton and then again on Monday for the Vic 2nds in T20’s.

Surely someone gives him one of their last BBL contracts next season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A tad annoying that Stepien is the only Renegades player named in the FL side starting Monday. Would have loved to see Finch play, he's reasonably close to getting dropped. And we have some players who I have no idea about, not even in the top 50 for runs or wickets in Grade cricket this season. In good news:

James Billington (opener) gets a chance to strut his stuff, the batsman is currently second in runs in Premier Cricket this season. Could be looking at a CV contract next year.
Bowling all rounder Sam Harbinson makes his Victorian debut. Bowls nice little seamers.
James Seymour from Essendon keeps on keeping on as a bat, averaging 48 with it for Essendon
Ejaaz Alavi gets his chance after taking plenty of wickets this year.

We've named a squad of 12 so I expect something like:

Billington
Dean (c)
Seymour
Stepien (+)
Jackson
Rutland
Elliott
Harbinson
Parker
Alavi
McClure
Couch

That is very bowler heavy as our sides tend to be annoyingly.

A tad annoying that Stepien is the only Renegades player named in the FL side starting Monday. Would have loved to see Finch play, he's reasonably close to getting dropped. And we have some players who I have no idea about, not even in the top 50 for runs or wickets in Grade cricket this season. In good news:

James Billington (opener) gets a chance to strut his stuff, the batsman is currently second in runs in Premier Cricket this season. Could be looking at a CV contract next year.
Bowling all rounder Sam Harbinson makes his Victorian debut. Bowls nice little seamers.
James Seymour from Essendon keeps on keeping on as a bat, averaging 48 with it for Essendon
Ejaaz Alavi gets his chance after taking plenty of wickets this year.

We've named a squad of 12 so I expect something like:

Billington
Dean (c)
Seymour
Stepien (+)
Jackson
Rutland
Elliott
Harbinson
Parker
Alavi
McClure
Couch

That is very bowler heavy as our sides tend to be annoyingly.

Is that Wil Parker?

Honestly don't think he's there yet. Not having a great season, and we have bowlers from 6.

Yep. Elliott an all rounder, Parker a bowler.

But as a regular in the pathways program it’s good to give them that experience, took 3 wickets before the rain intervened in last game. Plus he is handy with the bat when in form.

Given the firsts have nothing to play for, both teams should be focused on development for remainder of season

But as a regular in the pathways program it’s good to give them that experience, took 3 wickets before the rain intervened in last game. Plus he is handy with the bat when in form.

Given the firsts have nothing to play for, both teams should be focused on development for remainder of season
He's 99th on the wickets list in Grade Cricket, averages 38 with the pill this year.

I agree, but I'd sooner go with someone like Alex Gregory who has 480 runs at 53.3 and 18 wickets at 19.2 instead. We're doing no favours to Rutland/Elliott/Harbinson no favours batting top 7 of which they're not really there yet. If it were me I'd have something like:

Billington
Dean
Seymour
Yaksender (547 runs at 60)
Stepien (+)
Gregory
Jackson
Rutland
Elliott
Harbinson
Alavi
McClure

Hell, I'd ask Luke Wells if he wanted a game after making a billion runs the last 2 years.

Gregory bowls about 125 tops, or at least did back here in SA. Never really kicked on from U19s, surprised he's doing better in Victoria than he ever was here. Was a better cricketer than Valente by a fair bit back in the day but by the time Gregory moved east Valente was far better in grade

Gregory bowls about 125 tops, or at least did back here in SA. Never really kicked on from U19s, surprised he's doing better in Victoria than he ever was here. Was a better cricketer than Valente by a fair bit back in the day but by the time Gregory moved east Valente was far better in grade
Stronger comp bringing the best out of him perhaps

Remove this Banner Ad

Back