State Victoria - The Mighty Bushrangers

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubt we lose both Siddle and Tremain. However if we do some options that we could chase:

1. Brendan Doggett. Smooth mover and swings it both ways, highly rated by the national selectors.
2. Tom Rogers. Bowling allrounder that has to compete with Jackson Bird, Gabe Bell, Riley Meredith et al as well as potentially Siddle

Though I would like to see Zak Evans, Mitch Perry and Xavier Crone get more chances next year.

Dean Jones upset about something???

Wonder what it is...obviously got the shits big time with something or someone at Cricket Victoria

Dean Jones upset about something???
He thinks he should hold more sway at CV, always has. Very divisive figure, not surprising this has happened.

Watch as it gets named after David Hussey now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didn't get a job interview?
So many points.

- Took the ownership and management of Stars and Renegades away from McGuire etc and lost millions in sponsorship as a result.
- Previous successes are not recognised. Shield reunions not held.
- No money to have pre-season fixtures.
- State of premier cricket is pathetically poor.
- No permanent players in the Aus team.
- States that he probably is the last top 6 batsman in the test team of note.
- Culture is poor. Ingleton and co do not respect former players and players like Warne, Jones, Saker, Merv have all left CV with an axe to grind.
- CV doesn’t prioritise Aus team and going after Zampa just proves that. Reckons they should be giving time to Will Parker.
- Applied for the BBL coaching gigs but job for boys for Dave Hussey with no experience. Listed a couple other jobs for the boys that I can’t remember.
- Says if you go to Cricket NSW they care only for how many of their players are in the Aus team and they rub your noses in it. CV doesn’t have that vision.

So many points.

- Took the ownership and management of Stars and Renegades away from McGuire etc and lost millions in sponsorship as a result.
- Previous successes are not recognised. Shield reunions not held.
- No money to have pre-season fixtures.
- State of premier cricket is pathetically poor.
- No permanent players in the Aus team.
- States that he probably is the last top 6 batsman in the test team of note.
- Culture is poor. Ingleton and co do not respect former players and players like Warne, Jones, Saker, Merv have all left CV with an axe to grind.
- CV doesn’t prioritise Aus team and going after Zampa just proves that. Reckons they should be giving time to Will Parker.
- Applied for the BBL coaching gigs but job for boys for Dave Hussey with no experience. Listed a couple other jobs for the boys that I can’t remember.
- Says if you go to Cricket NSW they care only for how many of their players are in the Aus team and they rub your noses in it. CV doesn’t have that vision.

He has some points. CV is one of the biggest jobs for mates orgs in Australian Sport.

Also the decision to take control of the BBL teams was a complete cluster * and driven outlet by ego and greed and backfired spectacularly

Yep, Graf is still there
Going back a few years but I knew a few first class players who were all very complimentary of Graf and how he operated (even ones who had been moved on by him). They found him fair and professional and they said this contrasted with their dealings with other state associations.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back