The Vilified Smoker - A satire in 12 parts.

Remove this Banner Ad

You made the association - clown
As if the intent of a smoker and pedophile were akin
Oh for f*** sake. We have been over this before. Making an association on one characteristic doesnt mean we are making associations on every characteristic. Why keep making this same mistake? You are giving justification for lefties to ban words like ret*** and ni***er.

Oh for f*** sake. We have been over this before. Making an association on one characteristic doesnt mean we are making associations on every characteristic. Why keep making this same mistake? You are giving justification for lefties to ban words like ret*** and ni***er.
Well it’s just inappropriate isn’t it
I mean pedophile ffs
Surely you did nt really think it was a fitting comparison

Sympathy puff bro.
The new generation anal is always looking for something to hate. Its a massive insecurity thing for them. The more anal they are about other peoples social habits the more they feel better about themselves.
Being a social smoker for a cpl of decades i could never see the issue. Still cant. Love the odd puff.

Next time a princess does that little pretend wave in front of her face, like if they were to get a whiff of it they'd drop dead...remind her that if you handed her your credit card she'd happily wander around the CBD for days sucking up exhaust fumes by choice, and never once complain about it. All the while farting her fat arse off with toxic gases.

Easy enough to ignore the flog element that assumes its their place to tell others what to do.

ORRRRR just tell them to phuk off.

viva la individual !

Sympathy puff bro.
The new generation anal is always looking for something to hate. Its a massive insecurity thing for them. The more anal they are about other peoples social habits the more they feel better about themselves.
Being a social smoker for a cpl of decades i could never see the issue. Still cant. Love the odd puff.

Next time a princess does that little pretend wave in front of her face, like if they were to get a whiff of it they'd drop dead...remind her that if you handed her your credit card she'd happily wander around the CBD for days sucking up exhaust fumes by choice, and never once complain about it. All the while farting her fat arse off with toxic gases.

Easy enough to ignore the flog element that assumes its their place to tell others what to do.

ORRRRR just tell them to phuk off.

viva la individual !
Cars provide a benefit to society. Smoking doesnt. What a ridiculous comparison. Social smokers are even more pathetic than addicted smokers. Smoking largely cos they are insecure about their social status. Sure you pretend you do it for the buzz but you can get much better from other drugs that also dont taste like car fumes.

My wife and I gave up just over a year ago.

Me, 5 packets of 30s a week @ $42 a packet where I lived.

My wife, 3 packets of 40s a week @ $50 a packet.

That's $360 per week post tax. With me paying a tax rate over the year of around 40%, that meant I had to earn, pre-tax, each week, $600 just to smoke or over a year, $31,200.

The choice was smoke or have both our girls in private, secondary school. With some further adjustments, I can now work part time. I'm typing this sitting in the departure lounge of Coondewanna Airport, WA.I will be home in Victoria in the morning enjoying my 28 days off.

Cars provide a benefit to society. Smoking doesnt. What a ridiculous comparison. Social smokers are even more pathetic than addicted smokers. Smoking largely cos they are insecure about their social status. Sure you pretend you do it for the buzz but you can get much better from other drugs that also dont taste like car fumes.

Smoking for the buzz, you really are clueless.

Why do you actually even care if someone smokes or not?
Cos of the potential influence it will have on my kids when the become teens, health costs sucking up my taxes, less people to kick a football with, they are slackers at work and force the rest of us to work longer and cos smokers are boring conversationalists as often they are too depressed to be interesting.

Cos of the potential influence it will have on my kids when the become teens, health costs sucking up my taxes, less people to kick a football with, they are slackers at work and force the rest of us to work longer and cos smokers are boring conversationalists as often they are too depressed to be interesting.

If you think they're going to influence your kids, perhaps you should take a closer look at your parenting skills. Better still, one of you stay at home with them to teach them right instead of dropping them off to be raised by strangers each day.

I smoked for 35 years and never once had to seek medical treatment because of it, yet my taxes get wasted on raising your kids everyday.

I traded off designated breaks at work for smoking. A smoke every hour to hour and a half instead of a 20 minute smoko in the morning and a lunch break of anywhere between 30 - 60mins.

The real slackers are the coffee w***ers.

If you think they're going to influence your kids, perhaps you should take a closer look at your parenting skills. Better still, one of you stay at home with them to teach them right instead of dropping them off to be raised by strangers each day.

I smoked for 35 years and never once had to seek medical treatment because of it, yet my taxes get wasted on raising your kids everyday.

I traded off designated breaks at work for smoking. A smoke every hour to hour and a half instead of a 20 minute smoko in the morning and a lunch break of anywhere between 30 - 60mins.

The real slackers are the coffee w***ers.
What taxes get wasted on raising my kids? I currently dont earn any subsidies for my kids. They will soon get primary school subsidised for them but so did you. My kids working will keep your retirement costs from skyrocketing. If there is no younger generation to do the work then all the older generations real wealth tumbles. People who dont have children should pay higher taxes to fund their retirements and compensate for this fact.

And you are giving me a sample size of one person to argue smokers domt increase health costs for everyone else? Really? Are you that poor at understanding statistics to think that is even a valid attempt at an argument?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What taxes get wasted on raising my kids? I currently dont earn any subsidies for my kids. They will soon get primary school subsidised for them but so did you. My kids working will keep your retirement costs from skyrocketing. If there is no younger generation to do the work then all the older generations real wealth tumbles. People who dont have children should pay higher taxes to fund their retirements and compensate for this fact.

And you are giving me a sample size of one person to argue smokers domt increase health costs for everyone else? Really? Are you that poor at understanding statistics to think that is even a valid attempt at an argument?
You have such strong opinions about such trivial crap. Going through life being so judgmental and angry will shorten your lifespan worse than smoking would. Relax and feel the love m8. <3

You guys think Trump is a problem!

I am a member of the most oppressed minority in the entire world.

Daily we are forced to hide from vociferous contempt and heavy handed legislation.

We are vilified and shunned. We are penalized with huge taxes which are not means tested.

No one defends us and no one shows us the slightest sympathy.

We are smokers and you can all go get...
I do feel sorry for involuntary psych patients who smoke. We (in emergency) aren’t allowed to let them smoke, we offer nicotine patch (as if that helps) so they get angry then sedated and shackled

There was research (probably industry funded) that found smokers save costs through early death and health costs less than tax generated

How things have changed. I remember taking pizzas into Glenside Hospital psych wards in the early 90s and it smelled like Bob Marley's boudoir in there.

The psych wards still allow in courtyards but hospitals are now all “smoke free”

I do feel sorry for involuntary psych patients who smoke. We (in emergency) aren’t allowed to let them smoke, we offer nicotine patch (as if that helps) so they get angry then sedated and shackled
In ED only I gather? As soon as they make it to psych they all smoke like chimneys. I was an inmate in a few hospitals in my 20s. Hard to find a non-smoker. Also a bit of ice, synthetic marijuana, and pills (the illegal kind) around. Particularly in hospitals with rehab wards attached.

I've read that the widespread smoking is due to anti psychotics blocking dopamine, while nicotine provides a small hit of it, making them feel a bit normal. Plus boredom.

Vice NAZIs - are only marginally morally distinguishable from a torturer. Miserable people. There is anhorrible vicious pettinesss
Lurking behind such a person.

Hungary are offering tax free income for life to any Mum that has 4 kids.
Maybe we can we lobby our local mp for similar here but on a sliding scale, with each kid lowering the tax rate and for both parents!!!

Hungary are offering tax free income for life to any Mum that has 4 kids.
Maybe we can we lobby our local mp for similar here but on a sliding scale, with each kid lowering the tax rate and for both parents!!!
I'd love to increase western birthrates. But my concern is that it would mainly be the less educated and immigrants who take advantage of this. I guess that they have to be working by definition to benefit from tax concessions... I'd support it.

Great thread BTW. :thumbsu:
Agreed. Possibly the best on SRP.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back