The Vilified Smoker - A satire in 12 parts.

Remove this Banner Ad

In ED only I gather? As soon as they make it to psych they all smoke like chimneys. I was an inmate in a few hospitals in my 20s. Hard to find a non-smoker. Also a bit of ice, synthetic marijuana, and pills (the illegal kind) around. Particularly in hospitals with rehab wards attached.

I've read that the widespread smoking is due to anti psychotics blocking dopamine, while nicotine provides a small hit of it, making them feel a bit normal. Plus boredom.
Hospital I work at has been “smoke free” for at least 6 years. I feel you can enforce it on patients who want treatment but it’s not fair on involuntary patients who don’t want to be in hospital.

I have very little sympathy for smokers. The little sympathy is for older generations who didn't have the level of education and awareness of the dangers when they started compared to now.

I have absolutely no sympathy for people my age who smoke, they deserve the idiot tax and future health problems.

People smoking should smoke well away from anyone, why should everyone else have to put up with that foul stench?

Last edited:

I have very little sympathy for smokers. The little sympathy is for older generations who didn't have the level education and awareness of the dangers when they started compared to now.

I have absolutely no sympathy for people my age who smoke, they deserve the idiot tax and future health problems.

People smoking should smoke well away from anyone, why should everyone else have to put up with that foul stench?
I have much the same issue with the politically correct. Why do we all have to put up with their deranged emotional outbursts? No wonder the world is headed for catastrophe with these embiciles spouting their nonsense.

I have much the same issue with the politically correct. Why do we all have to put up with their deranged emotional outbursts? No wonder the world is headed for catastrophe with these embiciles spouting their nonsense.
They act on emotions rather than logic. Just like you were earlier in this thread. You are no different to them.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back