Food, Drink & Dining Out The Vodka Thread!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 19, 2012
Wanneroo
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Phoenix Coyotes
The single best thing to come out of Eastern Europe :D

What's your vodka of choice??
What's the best vodka you've tried??
Best value for money vodka available??
Any other vodka-related jibber-jabber.

I personally prefer Finlandia. Straight, of course. Very affordable (usually around $32 a bottle) and always goes down well. Mixes well in most drinks too. The hangover the next day is also a lot less severe compared to other vodkas.

Wyborowa Exquisite.. Wyborowa means Exquisite in Polish and this is exquisite. Single estate grain vodka. Probably my favorite and my choice if my wallet can handle it.

See above.

Żubrówka bison grass vodka again made in Poland. Poland makes the best vodka and the best mammaries too.

Will have to give Finlandia a try next time I'm grabbing a bottle, 42 Below isn't bad either though I don't drink vodka straight.

Speaking of which, favorite mixes for when you're not drinking it straight?

I started with vodka because I really don't like soft drinks and got sick of Turkey and Coke and so I love it with soda water and a bit of bitter lemon cordial. Bit like an alcoholic solo without the sugar, bugger all hang over and about as few calories as you'll get while drinking.

Wyborowa is a favourite staple - some of their 'flavoured' ones are okay too.

Bacon Warrior, if you are ever finding yourself in Melbourne check tout Borsch, Vodka and Tears on Chapel St. They have over 100 vodkas. You can order little tasting plates of three smaller shots of your choice. Many a good night had there.

I remember a bottle shop in Thorbury I think had a really good variety of Vodkas, I bought one simply because it came in the most amazing looking bottle I had ever seen.

Wyborowa Exquisite.. Wyborowa means Exquisite in Polish and this is exquisite. Single estate grain vodka. Probably my favorite and my choice if my wallet can handle it.

See above.

Żubrówka bison grass vodka again made in Poland. Poland makes the best vodka and the best mammaries too.
Yup Polish is by far the best

Never had any of the top end stuff but 42 below is my favourite currently. I stuck with Smirnoff for far too long.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Smirnoff.

But, seriously, Grey Goose is awesome. Had a friend who went overseas and got it duty free and brought it back as a present. Cost her less than Smirnoff here for 1 litre, apparently.

i like vodka distilled in france like Grey goose and Ciroc (ciroc is my choice) - I save those for dry dirty martinis and for everything else (like vodka sodas and espresso martinis) i use absolute. There's a russian vodka which name i cannot pronounce but it's good.

Ciroc is very easy to drink straight - so yum, probably because it's made from grapes.

You can buy it here as well but i usually grab a bottle when i can from duty free.

220px-Cîroc_vodka.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back