Competitions The Voldemort Trophy - Don't Rayner on my parade (Lions Goalkicking Comp)

Who will kick a goal this week

• Robertson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hodge

• Gardiner

• Rich

• Andrews

• WItherden

• Zorko

• Cutler

• Martin

• Berry

• Beams

• Rayner

• Robinson

• McCluggage

• Christensen

• Hipwood

• Cameron

• McInerney

• Bailey

• Lester

• Total voters
Ok well it wouldn't be a lions goalkicking competition without a stuff up along the way. Some idiot (who will remain nameless) managed to start a poll where the results aren't viewable, therefore we're starting all over again this week. For those of you who were knocked out you get a reprieve (you're welcome) and for those who got it correct last week but get knocked out this week, well life sucks sometimes and all complaints can be directed to the lions moderator email address (don't ask me i don't know what it is).

Well we're back baby!! And with a swanky new trophy as well!! Given the success of the last bloke the comp was named after (he who shall not be named) we've gone name agnostic this year (subject to last minute change of whim).

For those who weren't here or forgot that this thing ever existed below are the rules.

Basically the premise is to nominate a player before each game. If that player kicks a goal you move on to the next week, if they don't you're out. Simple hey? Well this is the AFL, nothing is that simple and there are a bunch of convoluted rules designed to confuse and irritate.

Rules

Basic plot: You have to pick a Lions goal kicker each week. If he kicks a goal you move on to the next round. If he doesn't you're out. Can't pick the same player twice. Last person left wins.

Selections: You make your selections in this thread by voting in the poll. Your selection must be in by the first bounce. You can only pick a player once during the comp, if you select the same person twice you will be eliminated. You can change your selection right up until the first bounce if you get a late vibe.

Late changes: If your selected player is named in the 22 but is a late withdrawal then you get whoever comes in for him. If there's more than one late change then I'll match up players alphabetically to work out who replaced who.

Tiebreaker: As the competition goes on I will count your goals. Eg if you pick Hipwood this week and he kicks 5 goals then those goals go against your name. If our final participants all bomb out at the same time then the winner is whoever has the most goals up until that point. If the remaining participants are also equal on goals then each of them will get 1 point if they got the highest goal kicker for that round. If we're still tied after then there will be a fight to the death to determine the winner.

Best of luck to all!

charles202

Club Legend
Sep 16, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
My Berry pick last week was inspired so I'm sure to get booted now, got to go with Rayner. Could be a slog of a game but was super impressed at his attack on the ball in the air. Already a tough match up as a mid forward

L Dizz

Team Captain
Jun 26, 2014
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
There I was thinking I was a genius for using my Tom Bell card last week before he got dropped, and it didn't count.

I'm using a similar theory with Josh Walker this week

Sausages

HIGH PRIEST IN THE TEMPLE OF GG/SNSD
Feb 27, 2007
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Luton Town
Gonna go with Hippy this week :)

Lazza16

The Lions Women...roaring into 2023
Jul 7, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Lester please Sir...get something out of him before he becomes the Neafl captain.

Comeback Lions

Premium Platinum
Jul 2, 2017
Sydney
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Sydney Uni Flames
Hey Fatcat08 ,
I believe I should be still in. I selected Bewick in round 2 (a late change from Bundy) and he kicked a goal. Actually they both kicked goals. Can't see my name on the list?

Dylan12

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Chelsea, Boston Red Sox
More for my own information:

Not sure if week one against St Kilda counted, but if so, I need to edit my overall votes:

Round 1 v St Kilda - Allen Christensen
Round 2 v Melbourne - Dayne Zorko
Round 3 v Port Adelaide - No competition
Round 4 v Richmond - Charlie Cameron

Last edited:
Hey Fatcat08 ,
I believe I should be still in. I selected Bewick in round 2 (a late change from Bundy) and he kicked a goal. Actually they both kicked goals. Can't see my name on the list?
I'll review in the morning

Back