AFLW The W Awards All Australian, Rising Star from 7pm AEST TONIGHT

Remove this Banner Ad

was it just me or did they only show a single highlight for the nominees of GOTY then of course that one won? weird... Hodder rightfully got GOTY but for the wrong goal as her GF goal was way better than the one in the season she won it for.

It’s one of modern civilisation’s greatest mysteries how finals goals and marks just fall into this big vacuum and aren’t eligible for any awards.

Tyla Hanks was thoroughly deserving of the award, imho.

Maybe but I think it’s wrong that this is her 3rd season and she has played most of the games.

Don’t get me wrong, she has had a great season and good on her but the eligibility of the award is not right.

After watching the Awards last night what was abundantly clear to me was that Kiara Bowers has clearly put in a mountain of physical work to make sure she is in the best physical shape to tackle AFLW and has been rewarded with the competition B & F.

Kiara was a legend in Women's WAFL comp pre AFLW winning 5 comp B & F there but she hasn't had it easy also doing 3 x ACL's

It's quite a lesson for others playing in AFLW.

Am I the only one who thought Ponter was the best mark considering she took it sideways (I think) ??

On reflection and taking my one eyed goggles off Ponter's was a bloody good grab.
Bummer Ellie didn't win but Ponter's speech made it easier to handle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back