The waiting game that is the trade period/external review 2019 - how are are we all?

What's your emotional status during this offseason?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

To be honest I am reasonably concerned, it feels like there's no real plan going forward.

We've moved on Pyke, but it seems like we've done so with no clear idea on who or what we're looking for. Not to mention also that the names being floated don't inspire me with much confidence that we're going to end up with a great coach.

The club has gone from holding back young players at the expense of senior players to now suddenly pulling a 180 and moving everyone on in the space of a couple of weeks. If this was the direction that the club was planning to take why didn't they heavily invest into development during 2019 rather than holding back the younger players at the expense of guys who no longer had a future at the club?

Things have died down about the review which has me worried that nothing is going to change.

Rumours are circling about player movement and the only name we've had linked to us is Frampton, while there is increasing talk about losing the Crouch boys.

At the moment nothing is really sounding positive so far, it seems like the club has been completely reactionary and it doesn't instill me with great confidence that we're in good hands going forward.

Unfortunately, that's what a culture of desperately trying to make the eight at all costs gets you. Also the risk of putting jobs on the line with finals appearances.

Hopefully though that culture dies with the 2019 season.

To be honest I am reasonably concerned, it feels like there's no real plan going forward.

We've moved on Pyke, but it seems like we've done so with no clear idea on who or what we're looking for. Not to mention also that the names being floated don't inspire me with much confidence that we're going to end up with a great coach.

The club has gone from holding back young players at the expense of senior players to now suddenly pulling a 180 and moving everyone on in the space of a couple of weeks. If this was the direction that the club was planning to take why didn't they heavily invest into development during 2019 rather than holding back the younger players at the expense of guys who no longer had a future at the club?

Things have died down about the review which has me worried that nothing is going to change.

Rumours are circling about player movement and the only name we've had linked to us is Frampton, while there is increasing talk about losing the Crouch boys.

At the moment nothing is really sounding positive so far, it seems like the club has been completely reactionary and it doesn't instill me with great confidence that we're in good hands going forward.
Good post. I’m sure this is where we’re mostly at as fans. Just in varying degrees of anxiousness.

The real problem for me, is that even when they announce all the new incoming coach(es), traded players, whoever else....I’ll be like “yeah ok, how should I react to this?”

Okay, this thread will have to do. Question though. Now the club has made no secret (at least by its actions) that it was time for a revolutionary list overhaul. Allowing players like CEy, greenwood and Betts to leave. It is ballsy and probably will set us up for the future. Now my question. When do you think we decided on this tactic? We must have been blindsided by this and just went with it, because we sure as hell failed to give our younger up and coming players more opportunity when we had that chance. I am at a point where I can accept this new path, but feel there has been very little strategy from the club to prevent us from falling fast. It is almost like we make it up as we go. It is exciting in a lot of ways. We will see fresh faces taking the field. I just think we could have prepared for this a lot better.

As an outsider looking in, campo, roo, hart and burton need to leave and allow a fresh start, i would be chasing carracella to coach and neil balme as footy manager.

I would be throwing the sink at young sa talent, namely lukiocios, rankine and orazio. All of a sudden the future looks a hell of a lot brighter when you add the expected improvement to come from jones, mchenry and mcadam and fogarty. If that means losing two crouchs, so be it. If the crows want to bounce back they need big changes and reinvent themselves

Okay, this thread will have to do. Question though. Now the club has made no secret (at least by its actions) that it was time for a revolutionary list overhaul. Allowing players like CEy, greenwood and Betts to leave. It is ballsy and probably will set us up for the future. Now my question. When do you think we decided on this tactic? We must have been blindsided by this and just went with it, because we sure as hell failed to give our younger up and coming players more opportunity when we had that chance. I am at a point where I can accept this new path, but feel there has been very little strategy from the club to prevent us from falling fast. It is almost like we make it up as we go. It is exciting in a lot of ways. We will see fresh faces taking the field. I just think we could have prepared for this a lot better.

As an outsider looking in, campo, roo, hart and burton need to leave and allow a fresh start, i would be chasing carracella to coach and neil balme as footy manager.

I would be throwing the sink at young sa talent, namely lukiocios, rankine and orazio. All of a sudden the future looks a hell of a lot brighter when you add the expected improvement to come from jones, mchenry and mcadam and fogarty. If that means losing two crouchs, so be it. If the crows want to bounce back they need big changes and reinvent themselves
Balme has said publicly this week ....he has 2 more years, then that's it for him ....those 2 years will be at RICH

We're praying that Podsiadly becomes Football Manager .....well, I am at least

A ship looks good in the harbour, but that not what ships are for .. or .. something ... or other.

ship-in-harbour-gif.759510

In some ways, it's hard not to be blindsided on this year's outcome. We were sitting pretty nicely around 4th spot at the mid-year bye, and having beaten 2 of the eventual Grand Finalists in GWS and Tigers in the weeks prior to the bye. How could anyone predict we were going to slide down the biggest slippery dip ever? Particularly also last year with all the injuries, we were able to win 6 of the last 9 games, so there was reasonable optism at the mid-year, this year.

I think it was around a month before the minor season ended, that we realised how much we crumbled this year. And at that stage, even if we had made the Finals, not even the most optimistic fan could foresee us doing any good in the Major rounds. Could we have prepared the changes earlier or better? Probably yes. What matters now is that there is ACTUAL changes, but the more important issue is whether the changes will be any EFFECTUAL?

In some ways, it's hard not to be blindsided on this year's outcome. We were sitting pretty nicely around 4th spot at the mid-year bye, and having beaten 2 of the eventual Grand Finalists in GWS and Tigers in the weeks prior to the bye. How could anyone predict we were going to slide down the biggest slippery dip ever? Particularly also last year with all the injuries, we were able to win 6 of the last 9 games, so there was reasonable optism at the mid-year, this year.

I think it was around a month before the minor season ended, that we realised how much we crumbled this year. And at that stage, even if we had made the Finals, not even the most optimistic fan could foresee us doing any good in the Major rounds. Could we have prepared the changes earlier or better? Probably yes. What matters now is that there is ACTUAL changes, but the more important issue is whether the changes will be any EFFECTUAL?
Thanks for a great response. I just hope we really learn from this.

Nah we never looked into it this year. I gave us a real chance over Summer but as soon as the games started you could tell the players were not feeling it.

It is the big problem in a two team town that supporters ride the wins/loss wave.

If you watch enough football over the years you can tell when a team is going somewhere regardless of results and as I said in a number of the threads I never thought we were clicking. The players never looked engaged.

Still can't believe we caved in and let the AFL take our extra pick we'd legitimately traded for and effectively handed it to Melbourne who tanked yet again. Even if they wanted to gift GC with picks, surely a club who has on-traded as we had should have their indicative draft choice position held. I can't imagine the likes of Collingwood just taking it on the chin. Get rid of Fagan and get someone with passion and grass-roots footy background.

Nah we never looked into it this year. I gave us a real chance over Summer but as soon as the games started you could tell the players were not feeling it.

It is the big problem in a two team town that supporters ride the wins/loss wave.

If you watch enough football over the years you can tell when a team is going somewhere regardless of results and as I said in a number of the threads I never thought we were clicking. The players never looked engaged.
100%

There was no passion, no excitement.

On the odd occasion a player smothered or did something good, there was no rushing to pat them on the back or pick them up off the ground.

It was very much going through the motions. They weren't desperate to win. Theybtried, but weren't desperate.

Balme has said publicly this week ....he has 2 more years, then that's it for him ....those 2 years will be at RICH

We're praying that Podsiadly becomes Football Manager .....well, I am at least

Pods has to many interests to be in that role.

If he gives them up and does the job full time, then he probably has the ability to do well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels like a knife in the guys everyrime I hear trade news. It's like a cattle prod to my balls everyrime I hear Betts trade mentioned.
We have no coach either.
Everyrime I listen to Roo on the radio speaking to Melbourne journos I feel like vomiting because he treats them as equals. Betrayal.
I was working in West lakes on the weekend and went past footy Park a few times, what a ******* shambles that is. The elite talent we draft this year will be training amongst that mess, come to a club with no home.
Gc struggling, afl hand them draft picks and despite having to use 95 % of thier salary cap, they have all this cash to throw at players, our players. We're s**t as well, so why can't we throw cash around?
If we review the review there's nothing to review. I implore you to review that sentence.

Were in a limbo.

We got no culture. Home games will never be the same.

Still can't believe we caved in and let the AFL take our extra pick we'd legitimately traded for and effectively handed it to Melbourne who tanked yet again. Even if they wanted to gift GC with picks, surely a club who has on-traded as we had should have their indicative draft choice position held. I can't imagine the likes of Collingwood just taking it on the chin. Get rid of Fagan and get someone with passion and grass-roots footy background.
Don't think you can blame Fagan for the AFL needing GC to start getting them a return

However you can blame Fagan for the state of the Adelaide football club

He is the man in charge of everyone including Burton campo hart Mackay

On SM-G965F using BigFooty.com mobile app

beyond a joke now.. here we are 10th of october.. no findings/announcements and no coach and doesnt look like we will hear anything until next week. what a circus

Back