Mega Thread The Random Thoughts Thread Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny-dog-chameleon-colors.jpg

Gee whiz, Tarantino missed the ball completely with Death Proof.

Not really, as a pastiche of 70s exploitation movies it's dead on accurate, given that it's 85% tedious garbage. The other 15% is some of the best car chases ever filmed.

Not really, as a pastiche of 70s exploitation movies it's dead on accurate, given that it's 85% tedious garbage. The other 15% is some of the best car chases ever filmed.

I've seen enough 70s exploitation to know Death Proof is not that. Most exploitation is actually quicker paced, with actual exploitive content, and a writer that doesn't like to sniff his own farts.

I don't understand this belief that it is accurate to it's source. It isn't.

I've seen enough 70s exploitation to know Death Proof is not that. Most exploitation is actually quicker paced, with actual exploitive content, and a writer that doesn't like to sniff his own farts.

I don't understand this belief that it is accurate to it's source. It isn't.

I think you're thinking of the theory rather than the reality. Those movies blew their budgets on a couple of ****ed up set pieces and packed the rest with pointless dialogue scenes. That's precisely what Death Proof is.

I think you're thinking of the theory rather than the reality. Those movies blew their budgets on a couple of stuffed up set pieces and packed the rest with pointless dialogue scenes. That's precisely what Death Proof is.

There's enough movies out there that did do it the whole way through though, it is a reality. That's what exploitation has become known as, violence and sex and bad taste, not boring ass talking scenes with the occasional infrequent bit of action.

Choosing to make a movie homage to the those is like choosing to make a homage to sci-fi, in the form of Star Wars Episode II, or Jupiter Ascending (haven't seen but informed very bad).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My heart was broken, my heart was broken
Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow Sorrow
My heart was broken, my heart was broken

You saw it, You claimed it
You touched it, You saved it

My tears are drying, my tears are drying
Thank you Thank you Thank you Thank you
My tears are drying, my tears are drying

Your beauty and kindness
Made tears clear my blindness

While I'm worth my room on this earth