FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening: Season 7, 8, 9, 10 + NEW: The Ones Who Live

Remove this Banner Ad

The Daryl Dixon Show is getting a second season and maybe even a third. Dunno about Dead City.
I think a 3rd season is meant to begin production this year.

In regards to Dead City, the actress that plays Maggie wants to do this for a few years. I guess very few if any other TV/movie opportunities has been offered to her. Back in the mid 2010s, she look like she could be something "big" on TV at least.

Im fairly certain from the commentary from the actors that play Rick and Michonne and reviews of the show online, that there will be another season or two of them. Whether that is a new show entirely or a S2 remains to be seen.

There has been talk of the need for Rick and Negan to reunite and of course Rick and Daryl.

Dont expect anything till 2026.

Thanks for that, how does The ones who live, compare to those two shows?

I was considering watching them, but you kind of put me off. (saved me time)

I thought the Ones Who Live, was the closest we got to the original TWD in its prime, pre Negan. There were some elements in this season, that made me reminisce about the real good times of TWD.
I'm watching that now but I'm still pretty disappointed they backed out of the 3 blockbuster movie deal and chose this series instead because i think the movies would have epic especially if there are a lot of zombie slayings in them and less chit chat like all TWD franchises.

I'm watching that now but I'm still pretty disappointed they backed out of the 3 blockbuster movie deal and chose this series instead because i think the movies would have epic especially if there are a lot of zombie slayings in them and less chit chat like all TWD franchises.
Interesting, I think when Lincoln left TWD back in 2019, the movies had the potential to be something epic.

Covid hit and delayed everything to the point where Rick's departure from TWD lost and killed any momentum of being a hit movie.

Ironically I think the movies would have been better than the series, but there was no certainty of a conclusion. So I am grateful we got one. Imagine if the 1st movie failed and we got no conclusion to Rick Grimes? I mean we probably would have in some cameo in one of the many spin offs.

It seems like you're a pretty big fan so I'd probably watch both. Dead City wasn't as good as DD imo but both were better than TOWL.
I am, but when the spin offs came off, I had just too much fatigue from TWD. I watched TWD religiously since S2 onwards when I first heard about it and did so for years and years, never missing an episode or delay watching one. Without any doubt in my mind whatsoever, Negan killed the show. Its not so much his entry but how drawn out it was over several years. It killed the show and its ratings. Dont get me started with the "Garbage People" and that group.

I felt it had some redemption with the Whisperers story arc. That was pretty good, looking back.

However with the Commonwealth, I was done with it at the end, I was rooting for the walkers at one stage, so to invest in another series was asking too much.

I will start searching for the Daryl show and begin my watch of that. :thumbsu:

I am, but when the spin offs came off, I had just too much fatigue from TWD. I watched TWD religiously since S2 onwards when I first heard about it and did so for years and years, never missing an episode or delay watching one. Without any doubt in my mind whatsoever, Negan killed the show. Its not so much his entry but how drawn out it was over several years. It killed the show and its ratings. Dont get me started with the "Garbage People" and that group.

I felt it had some redemption with the Whisperers story arc. That was pretty good, looking back.

However with the Commonwealth, I was done with it at the end, I was rooting for the walkers at one stage, so to invest in another series was asking too much.

I will start searching for the Daryl show and begin my watch of that. :thumbsu:
I totally understand 😂

I totally understand 😂
Its funny with the Daryl Show, we all "obviously" suspend our disbelief with the science of walkers etc, but really the biggest suspension of reality is how an unemployed uneducated "crack addict" Daryl Dixon who could barely speak a sentence in the first few seasons, could learn to speak and articulate himself during a world wide apocalyptic event as the series progressed.

IS there any order to watch the 3 spin offs?
Dead City exists on its own in isolation so you can watch that whenever. Daryl Dixon is pretty much a loner too.

World Beyond is like a teen/young adult take on the Walking Dead but it shows what happened to Omaha and what was going to be done in Portland, which The Ones That Live leans heavily into. I'd watch World Beyond before I'd watch The Ones That Live because it joins a fair few dots concerning the Civic Republic - Military.

Then there's Fear the Walking Dead, which ran pretty much alongside the original series. Watch that one whenever. The first three seasons are pretty good.

Dead City exists on its own in isolation so you can watch that whenever. Daryl Dixon is pretty much a loner too.

World Beyond is like a teen/young adult take on the Walking Dead but it shows what happened to Omaha and what was going to be done in Portland, which The Ones That Live leans heavily into. I'd watch World Beyond before I'd watch The Ones That Live because it joins a fair few dots concerning the Civic Republic - Military.

Then there's Fear the Walking Dead, which ran pretty much alongside the original series. Watch that one whenever. The first three seasons are pretty good.

Thanks.

I have watched Fear which i thought was pretty decent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first three seasons of Fear before it went cowbody mode, were brilliant as a spin of and really of a high standard when compared to TWD at its peak.

Arguably for me the best spin off out of all of them out there.

I loved this show - sad where it ended, but season 1 was the series that raised the bar for horror.

Season 2 - often derided - was perfection. The ever-increasing threat of conflict between the group came to a head in the most memorable way. The Barn. Incredible scene - and backed up with Shane Rick Carl and Dale in that finale

The Prison / Governor arc was the start of the downward spiral, with it becoming officially crap when a Zombie ate Lori. Including her big shiny forehead.

The series went back to half way to its glorious best in Season 6 with the Negan / Saviours / Alexandria arc building tension.

And then THAT ending making us wait until Season 7. Officially the end right there.

It had one last dance in Season 7 Episode 1 - Lucille saying hello to Glenn remains a high spot. The Negan thing was done well, and then the whole show went crap.

You all know why - pointless people doing dumb things despite them surviving for 10+ years.

Plus McGuffins. McGuffins everywhere.

The Daryl Dixon show is a hot mess of garbage BTW with dumbness everywhere. And a terrible plot.

Dead City is the holy trifecta of 'garbage writing''pointless storyline' and 'utterly boring'. A waste of the characters.

Fear The Walking Dead had some great bits - Madison and Victor tried hard but the writing was on the wall when they killed off Nick for no apparent reason (just like Carl). Officially died like a washed up Nuclear Sub firing missiles whilst Victor watched on from his penthouse. Oh wait - that was actually a scene.

The World Around Us was the biggest piece of shite I've ever seen.

They killed the golden goose when they stopped writing about Zombie problems and turned it into a 3rd rate soap opera.

The Ones Who Live has started well - but the same tired nonsense is creeping in - McGuffins, more McGuffins and bad storylines.

The show rights need to get sold to someone other than Robert Kirkman, and produced by people who aren't called Darabont, Nicotero, Gimple, Huth, Womble or Gale Anne Bloody Hurd. Can't believe three of those did the Shawshank Redemption.

Then maybe the new people can remember it was the Zombie apocalypse we were hooked on, not Fat Jerry and his morbidly obese wife moaning they had run out of Jam or the bed wasn't soft enough.

My pet moans, and there's a few:

A never ending supply of characters who were incapable of doing anything after years of surviving.

That stupid 'armour' - after the Prison,they go back to that garbage stuff.

Weapons. Spears. Spears! Of course you guard a compound wall with a single weapon that you have to throw. And hit someone.

Stupid plots.

Aarons 'hand'

Anything involving Fat Jerry's morbidly obese wife.

Not writing about Zombies and turning into Days Of Our Lives

Glenn 'dying' under the dumpster.

The Grady Memorial Hospital arc.

Spencer.

The damn Tip mob and Jadis (she's back in the Ones Who Live and still can't act)

Leaving 'The Kingdom' because they had no food (Fat jerry and his morbidly obese wife - I'm looking at you two) and it was too cold - to go live 'on the road' where there was no food and it was too cold.

Any time a horse towed a car. Christ.

Lydia.

The Reapers

PRINCESS

The stupid Commonwealth. The whole thing. Just pointless. But they had ice-cream so let's riot. Or something.

The show ended with less than 30% of it's original audience, a sad quiet whimper into oblivion.

Still, some brilliant, never-to-be-forgotten parts will ensure there will always be an audience if it ever returns and decides to be a Zombie apocalypse show again.

Here's my The Walking Dead #27 signed by David Morrissey - The Governor.

Cheers.

Capture.JPG

Remove this Banner Ad

Back