FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening: Season 7, 8, 9, 10 + NEW: The World Beyond

Yeah the one-character eps are a pain. Drawn out as some sort of nostalgia clip show. Cheaper to make I suppose.

I don’t agree that she wouldn’t have gone looking for Rick. The drug-dreams were supposed to show us what she owes Rick I suppose?

Yeah the one-character eps are a pain. Drawn out as some sort of nostalgia clip show. Cheaper to make I suppose.

I don’t agree that she wouldn’t have gone looking for Rick. The drug-dreams were supposed to show us what she owes Rick I suppose?

No mother is leaving her young kids in any situation to go find a partner thought dead for 6 years. They should have had her go back and take the kids, write them all out of the show.

Vespa

?
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
I liked Evil Michonne as Negan's sidekick

IMO the show would have been much better if they did that and had Shane take Michonne's place alongside Andrea in the Woodbury arc.

Also they should have had Merle return as a Savior rather than Morales it would have been so much better and Merle would have been a much better fit with the Saviors than he was with Woodbury.

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
IMO the show would have been much better if they did that and had Shane take Michonne's place alongside Andrea in the Woodbury arc.

Also they should have had Merle return as a Savior rather than Morales it would have been so much better and Merle would have been a much better fit with the Saviors than he was with Woodbury.
IIRC the reason why Merle got killed off is because they couldn't afford Michael Rooker

Vespa

?
Aug 15, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
IIRC the reason why Merle got killed off is because they couldn't afford Michael Rooker

Rooker did call out AMC as being cheap but Merle's character was wasted potential same with Shane's character.

It still annoys me how The Governor was able to make two of the show's biggest badasses (Merle and Rick) his bitches yet he got beaten by a girl (Michonne) in a fight.

Back to how Shane should have been alongside Andrea during the Woodbury arc instead of Michonne - the best example is the scene where Michonne finds zombie Penny in the closet and The Governor walks in. It would have been so much better had Shane been in Michonne's place right there and then, especially when you remember the scene where Shane opened Herschel's barn and showed how the zombies were not people.

CarnTheScray

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 4, 2019
Ballarat
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Did this show get any better after season 7? It wasn't anything groundbreaking but was very addicting until the beginning of Season 7 when I bailed out.

Aug 20, 2010
The Netherrealm
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
FC Bayern, Chelsea FC, Raiders
I've heard Scott Gimple, the writer from Seasons 4-8 got the boot so I did expect it to come good again. Just didn't want to take the risk of paying up money on iTunes for a whole season (don't have Foxtel).
Yep ever since Gimple got replaced by Angela Kang as show runner The Walking Dead is back at its best

FYI Season 10 episode 16 will be airing on October 4. Can't wait!

There is runours that the pandemic may kill the number of seasons remaining in this series. Hopefully it kills the spinoffs first. I get the feeling the biggest causality will be the Rick Grimes movies. I can see that being canned.

A few months back it was stated that Episode 16 is not a finale per se, as there would be an additional 6 episodes of S10 to come in Feb 2021.

Back