FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening: Season 7, 8, 9, 10 + NEW: The Ones Who Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Seriously. WTF did I just watch?

I don't even know where to begin.

a primary school play acted out by adults?

I would say a filler episode, but introducing a new group is supposed to be a big thing.

Found that one very boring and that junkyard-green screen was vomit-inducing. Was it bad on purpose?

Also, stop with so many new groups. Was hoping they'd incorporate the female group Tara found - perhaps they still will given Rick hinted she knows where 'not' to go. But still.

I instantly thought of the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark when the green screen kicked in...as in it looked like 30-odd year old special effects...:drunk:

Is the up up up in the comics? How long has the apocalypse been? Surely not long enough that they now speak some sort of pidgin English. Perhaps Negan's grandiose and expansive monologues have taken the script writing budget...not enough words left for full sentences. It's like a tweet, where you can only have a certain number of characters in a spoken line.

I would say a filler episode, but introducing a new group is supposed to be a big thing.
I liked it. New group. New fortress style in the rubbish heaps. Cool new zombie.

* the haters!

Is the up up up in the comics? How long has the apocalypse been? Surely not long enough that they now speak some sort of pidgin English

Last I checked no, but there is a similiar group of people resorting to wild, uncivilised behaviour who have a weird way of communicating.

These people in this episode though were probably like this before the apocalypse though. Just my guess.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Jesus showed us the way to The Kingdom."

* the writer that thought that line was clever and cool. I can just imagine how smug they felt putting that in the script.

About as subtle as a brick to the head. Or that green screen...

FFS my biggest beef with tonight is they are keeping Carol the soft****.

Shes been away long enough. Its time to unleash her.

It's time to kill her, she is a s**t character.

It's time to kill her, she is a s**t character.

Carol is the best character. She is just doing her emo time before unleashing badass rambo carol.

The war will happen, they will start losing and then a less important character will run into carol and mention what happened, then she will transform and save the day.

The episode was alright but the effects were terrible and the characters didnt make sense.

Seemed a bit cartoonish.

What i dont get is with scarce resources you wouldnt be in big groups. You'd group up with strong people and leave the weak.

That's the direction the show should go instead of these huge groups.

Horrendous episode, just kill off carol, she is dead already anyway.

The scene with Rick standing on-top of the rubbish before getting pushed in looked like something you'd see in a 1960's western film.

Poor acting, the new group was s**t, zombie was cool but an easy kill, how Rick comes out of that with a cut hands and leg is hilarious.

The show has gone downhill on everything, I use to dismiss these types of episodes but they're becoming way to frequent.

Could just be me, but I kinda feel that the show's dips coincide with them splitting everyone up. That's now becoming more frequent as a byproduct of them having too many pointless characters.

Agree that it seems like they're setting Carol up for death soon. Please no. :(

FFS my biggest beef with tonight is they are keeping Carol the soft****.

Shes been away long enough. Its time to unleash her.

Agree, thought Daryl would snap her out of it, I am disappoint.

Found that one very boring and that junkyard-green screen was vomit-inducing. Was it bad on purpose?

Yeah that was weird. AMC must be cleaning up on this show coz for the highest ratings on TV it sure didn't look like they put much revenue back into that particular scene.

I instantly thought of the end of Raiders of the Lost Ark when the green screen kicked in...as in it looked like 30-odd year old special effects...:drunk:

P1ss off, Raiders looked a hell of alot better than that! :D

Is the up up up in the comics? How long has the apocalypse been? Surely not long enough that they now speak some sort of pidgin English. Perhaps Negan's grandiose and expansive monologues have taken the script writing budget...not enough words left for full sentences. It's like a tweet, where you can only have a certain number of characters in a spoken line.

Whenever the new group talked all I could think about was the South Park ep where the kids got all the adults locked up, created their own society and talked funny within 3 days lol.

"Jesus showed us the way to The Kingdom."

**** the writer that thought that line was clever and cool. I can just imagine how smug they felt putting that in the script.

About as subtle as a brick to the head. Or that green screen...

You're not a book reader?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Scriptwriter : Hey son, I'm a bit tired. Can you write Walking Dead this week?

Son : But Dad, I'm only 10.

Scriptwiter : Don't worry son. No one will know the difference.

Son : OK, but no Carl this week. He's a poo poo head.

First we'll get a gang of long haired people to come out of a shipping container, wander round all over the place then make a circle. We did it in year 2 drama. It was so cool. Except the leader girl has short hair. And she doesn't speak in sentences because she was dropped on her head as a baby. She gets Rick to climb up a big pile of rubbish but then she pushes him into a hole. And there's a zombie with all pipes coming out his head and stuff. But Rick kills him and then the leader girl makes Rick go find them guns. And she's like half and Rick's like a third and she's like half and Rick's like a third.

Season 7 is way too cartoonish. The various tribes are too outlandish and unbelievable. Yes, I realise the absurdity of seeking realism in show about a zombie apocalypse but the show's early success was based on its bleak realism.

Now we have despots who plunder others and rule their own with malice yet do little, if anything, to protect themselves against what must be countless enemies, another leader who exhibits no leadership credentials whatsoever, another who pretends to preside over a medieval lingdom and his followers happily talk medieval speak along with him and some people who live in a garbage heap and appear incapable of uttering anything much other than monosyllabic directions.

The scriptwriting has declined so far as to be ridiculous. Rick leads but seems incapable of explaining to others why the Saviours have to be deposed and, more importantly, what his plan is to rid the region of their presence. Jesus meanwhile knows plenty about the geopolitics of the region but, for some reason, never explained any of it to Rick before he embarked on his initial war with the Saviours.

I thought things really went downhill in season 6. Having hinted at their presence for several episodes, the arrival and then, almost immediately, the disposal of the Wolves just felt too rushed.

All that aside, I still watch it with great anticipation every Monday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back