FTA-TV The Walking Dead - No spoiler info before AU screening: Season 7, 8, 9, 10 + NEW: The Ones Who Live

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with the majority thoughts here, fairly underwhelming finale. Needed deaths for at least a few regular characters, been expecting Aaron and his boyfriend to get it for awhile now. Agree with whoever said they probably overestimated Sasha's importance to the audience, cool way to go out but didn't really have that much impact on me. But at least they didn't go for a half-assed cliffhanger, appreciated that. Looking forward to Morgan and Carol with their game faces back on next season.

One of the weaker seasons but not the compete write-off some seem to think. Lot of filler yeah (welcome to Walking Dead, should know what you're in for by now!), but also some good stuff this season - the kingdom, morgan, eugene. Negan still easily the best villain the show has had and you all know it :p

Season 2 was brilliant. Best by a mile imo.

You wot mate o_O

This year's finale could have been Sasha and Eugene flashbacks for a full 50 minutes, followed by a 10 minute sex scene with Rick and Michonne, and it would still have been better than season 2.

or how Kingdom and Hilltop arrived at the same time. and got inside. Is there a 2nd entry to Alexandra or does nobody watch the gate?

Just walked in the front gate I assume. As far as Negan knows, Rick is the problem, he's not aware that the kingdom has decided to fight him as well. Not such a stretch to assume no-one was guarding the front gate once they had everyone rounded up. Negan likes an audience after all.

I completely forgot that she would be a zombie when he opened the casket. Just totally forgot. How did I do that?

Haha same

Found it hard to believe the dumpster leader wouldn't immediately shoot Rick after having her people killed all around her.

Yeah, and same for all the rest of their crew. They all have guns pointing at their back when Carl decides to go Rambo, you'd think some of the dumpster babies might have gotten a shot off from point blank.

The tiger who was leaving Negan til last

I just knew the tiger would appear at that moment and I knew it would somehow veer away from Negan.

I'm no expert on the feline mind, but why would the Tiger run past the threatening figure mid-way through the motion of swinging a stick around in the air, to attack a completely stationary henchmen standing behind him?

Never gonna have a villain of that magnitude killed by a tiger, assume Rick will make good on his promise at some stage in epic fashion. People would be complaining even harder if Negan got mauled and that was the end of him.

Was that wooden soldier supposed to have been left there by Dwight?

How did he know Daryl would look in that spot?

Yep assume so. Dwight didn't know, his plan could have been when he manages to slip back to Alexandria again he can show them where he left it as evidence of his good intent the whole way through.

I'm no expert on the feline mind, but why would the Tiger run past the threatening figure mid-way through the motion of swinging a stick around in the air, to attack a completely stationary henchmen standing behind him?

He was guided by King Ezekiel's dreadlock laser.

You wot mate o_O

This year's finale could have been Sasha and Eugene flashbacks for a full 50 minutes, followed by a 10 minute sex scene with Rick and Michonne, and it would still have been better than season 2.
Strongly disagree, I really enjoyed the second season and it marked the point where I got hooked. Sophia arc/reveal was fantastic. Carl getting shot is always a highlight and should happen more often. The demise of Shane and the events that preceded it was great character development; the tension between he and Rick was enjoyable. Hershel was a great character. The chemistry between Glenn and Maggie is still one of the few examples of romance that the show has managed to pull off. Dale finally died. Actual threat from Walkers. So on and so forth.

It's not perfect by any means, but I liked it.

Strongly disagree, I really enjoyed the second season and it marked the point where I got hooked. Sophia arc/reveal was fantastic. Carl getting shot is always a highlight and should happen more often. The demise of Shane and the events that preceded it was great character development; the tension between he and Rick was enjoyable. Hershel was a great character. The chemistry between Glenn and Maggie is still one of the few examples of romance that the show has managed to pull off. Dale finally died. Actual threat from Walkers. So on and so forth.

Fair enough, and you make some good points.

For me it was just that in terms of overall story progression, nothing happened. They were literally in the same position at the end of season 2 as they were at the end of season 1 - same thing a lot of people are bagging this season for.

Fair enough, and you make some good points.

For me it was just that in terms of overall story progression, nothing happened. They were literally in the same position at the end of season 2 as they were at the end of season 1 - same thing a lot of people are bagging this season for.
Yeah, that's a fair argument also.

I think the difference for me is that I'm not that connected to the overall story. I've never been sold on the zombie apocalypse setting and have never really cared too much about its progress in TWD, aside from the plot devices used to develop characters. I love the human aspect of the show and as a result of that I've always felt more connected to the side-stories of good characters than the group's "journey" I suppose. It's why I'm not as high on the first season as a lot of people seem to be.

The second season, for me, offered a lot of progression in terms of characters, their tendency to trust people, their understanding of the things you need to do to survive in the world and so forth, setting the framework for the stories to come.

Season 7 was similar in the ways you've described but my issue with it is less the lack of progression and more the fact that it focused on s**t characters.

Agree with the majority thoughts here, fairly underwhelming finale. Needed deaths for at least a few regular characters, been expecting Aaron and his boyfriend to get it for awhile now. Agree with whoever said they probably overestimated Sasha's importance to the audience, cool way to go out but didn't really have that much impact on me. But at least they didn't go for a half-assed cliffhanger, appreciated that. Looking forward to Morgan and Carol with their game faces back on next season.

One of the weaker seasons but not the compete write-off some seem to think. Lot of filler yeah (welcome to Walking Dead, should know what you're in for by now!), but also some good stuff this season - the kingdom, morgan, eugene. Negan still easily the best villain the show has had and you all know it :p

You wot mate o_O

I am not big on reading industry news, but the dummy spit from the director of season 2 who got sacked was hilarious. It was all the fault of AMC executives, apparently. :)

Yeah I agree the tiger was never on the cards for killing Negan, I just thought maybe it could injure him instead or something. But then it's pretty hard to swallow that he'd survive a direct encounter with a giant tiger I guess.

Because he is a big pussy?

I feel like you've been sitting back thinking 'that was worthy of a few likes at least ... wtf?'

What deal did Sasha make and why did she kill herself? why was Negan being so nice to her?

Sorry can anyone help me with this, I really can't be bothered watching again.

Last edited:
Yeah I agree the tiger was never on the cards for killing Negan, I just thought maybe it could injure him instead or something. But then it's pretty hard to swallow that he'd survive a direct encounter with a giant tiger I guess.
It wasn't the fact that it didn't attack Negan, it was the fact that in all that once the turmoil started the tiger seemed to know who was friend or foe.

What deal did Sasha make and why did she kill herself? why was Negan being so nice to her?

Sorry can anyone help me with this, I really can't be bothered watching again.

She didn't make a deal with Negan. I think we're just meant to believe that because she killed zombie rapey Davey that Negan trusted she'd made the decision to side with him. This was never true and also pretty dumb.

She killed herself because she wouldn't let herself be put in the position to be used as a pawn by Negan against Rick and co and put them in danger.

I think it was wishful thinking on her part to make him promise "just one death" when in her mind she meant her own. But that was never going to happen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After Jesus being gay and that scene between Aaron and his boyfriend last week, I fully expected the boyfriend to get a bullet this week.

How many villains has the show really had though? Not including walkers there's The Governor, Terminus, the hospital people, Wolves, and Negan. Only Negan and The Governor were given more than half a dozen episodes, and even then I'm not sure Negan comes first.

Yep assume so. Dwight didn't know, his plan could have been when he manages to slip back to Alexandria again he can show them where he left it as evidence of his good intent the whole way through.

Yep. This change to things will now lead to further interactions between Dwight and Alexandria. Bookmark Darryl softening on his promise to kill Dwight when all is resolved.

Agreed, season 2 was much better, it dragged on, but not in a particularly bad way. Most of the episodes of this season between the two bookends were very forgettable.

I am not big on reading industry news, but the dummy spit from the director of season 2 who got sacked was hilarious. It was all the fault of AMC executives, apparently. :)

You mean Frank Darabont? o_O

It wasn't the fact that it didn't attack Negan, it was the fact that in all that once the turmoil started the tiger seemed to know who was friend or foe.
Yeah, that is a bit sketchy...

Hi Chief,

I just wanted to see if we can make a bit of a deal. I think what would be best is that you let me write on Walking Dead and make me a director. I can focus on my behaviour and report anyone who is negative about it.

If I am being brutally honest I think what we need is mutual respect instead of bickering all the time. AMC need to understand it is not my fault. They are picking on me because of my abilities. They need to grow up!!!!

What we need is for them to get educated about my abilities. We don't need immature people to abuse people. All they do is blame me for everything. ******* dickheads.

Thanks.
Director.

She didn't make a deal with Negan. I think we're just meant to believe that because she killed zombie rapey Davey that Negan trusted she'd made the decision to side with him. This was never true and also pretty dumb.

She killed herself because she wouldn't let herself be put in the position to be used as a pawn by Negan against Rick and co and put them in danger.

I think it was wishful thinking on her part to make him promise "just one death" when in her mind she meant her own. But that was never going to happen.
Negan didn't trust her but he did respect her and see her as a fighter that he wanted on his side. Similar to how he tried to recruit Darryl at the start if the season. We was still wary of her though and never saw her without backup

17796280_1785021341814485_8673146254185383503_n.jpg

After Jesus being gay and that scene between Aaron and his boyfriend last week, I fully expected the boyfriend to get a bullet this week.

Aaron is a pretty good side character, I agree his bf will get killed and he and Jesus will hookup.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back