The Walking Dead

Scottland2007

Premiership Player
Feb 7, 2011
AFL Club
Geelong
You only have to go back 10 years to Shaun of the dead to see decent zombie make up and people walking slowly. Jump forward to "bike girl" in season 1 walking dead and the zombies have arms and legs missing, stomachs hanging out etc. The special effects in this show is brilliant. Great show. (sorry is this thread about the comic or the tv show)?

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
You only have to go back 10 years to Shaun of the dead to see decent zombie make up and people walking slowly. Jump forward to "bike girl" in season 1 walking dead and the zombies have arms and legs missing, stomachs hanging out etc. The special effects in this show is brilliant. Great show. (sorry is this thread about the comic or the tv show)?
This is the comic thread. The TV show one is on the Media and Entertainment board.

Don't typically read comics, but I took some advice that said these were better than the show. It was sound advice. I speed read through the entire series in about a week, and I'm pretty hooked.
The ending to #125 was intense as *.

Sep 21, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Orlando Magic
Don't typically read comics, but I took some advice that said these were better than the show. It was sound advice. I speed read through the entire series in about a week, and I'm pretty hooked.
The ending to #125 was intense as ****.
I haven't read up to 125, on 123 atm. magazine3k got shutdown and that's where I usually get my comic fix :(

The ending to #125 was intense as ****.

Ending was great, 126 should be massive if the cover to 127 is anything to go by

Druitt Soldier

Team Captain
Oct 30, 2013
Parramatta, NSW
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Detroit Red Wings
I've been a big fan of the show since it began. I've always known there was a comic but was never bothered to read it. I changed that a few weeks ago and downloaded the comic series. I haven't been able to put them down. Just finished 133 last night and wow. The show is great and one for the best things on TV right now, but the comics are amazing. I've never been a comic book person but after the walking dead I think that I'm going to try and get into some more stuff.

I've just finished reading 133. I hope the show can last up to this story arc. I really want to see the war between Negan and Rick pan out in live action. He's one of the best villians I've seen in any media. So glad they kept him alive.

ioppolo

This only ends one way.
Oct 3, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea, OKC Thunder, Scorchers
Powered through all three compendiums recently. Be interesting to see how the show spins the Negan war

Zubat

Rookie
Jun 6, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I feel like Negan won't have as many "wives" in the TV series compared to the comics.

Back