The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like renewables are being held to account......finally

This and other reliability issues is costing us over a quarter of a billion annually

Good to see you've re-appeared PF.

First things, its a pity Angus Taylor is refusing to apply this investigation to the entire power sector when blackouts occur, simply parroting his inner PF and going the anti-renewable path with the investigation shows the true colours of AT.

Second, back to the old subject, considering the government via Angus Taylor has announced a review of nuclear energy in Australia, surely correspondance or evidence of Bill Shorten approving small scale nuclear reactors would be something the LNP would make public as a gotcha moment. So do you have a link, you know a link, not some made up stuff in your head, that provides evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors? I know i've asked you for this evidence for months, you run, you hide, you refuse to provide it except for something something person spoke to you who told you it occurred. Do you have a link to evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors?

Air conditioning.

I also watched an ABC program where it was stated after the way privatisation was set up it was a rort the power supply companies exploited.

Air conditioning.

perhaps we should close schools and libraries to lower the demand for books?

Further, is Germany's energy price increases also air conditioner related? and every other place that has seen energy price increases, when adopting renewables air conditioner related?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great motherhood statement, only some States privatised their assets, did the program differentiate?

I believe this was referring to the SA situation.

Its why the issue is keeping the lights on on the east coast going forward, too many downhill skiers.

Here is an example & its not pro this anti that, the issue is keeping the lights on & preferably at a lower cost on my power bill.
renewable-energy-storage-costs-need-to-drop-90/

And your point is Power_Fail?

It's a form of coal shilling that I'm sure he thinks is very subtle and clever. Here's how it works:

1. Nucular! Nucular is the answer!
2. Renewables are hopeless. They're expensive and don't work, and took Germany back to the stone age. And they cause bird deaths and AIDS and scurvy and Collingwood premierships. Go for nucular!
3. What's that? A nuclear plant will take decades to build and be obsolete even before it's finished?
4. Welp, guess we have to stick with coal.

And your point is Power_Fail?

I thought it was pretty simple

We are moving away from coal due to the high CO2.

Yet no jurisdiction that has adopted a renewables strategy without the support of hydro or nuclear has achieved low CO2.

So the points are
1) renewables are not effective in reducing CO2 as sold to the public
2) you don’t need renewables if one has hydro or nuclear

What CO2 per Kwhr do you believe is acceptable and by when?

All this great news but we still can’t find a jurisdiction on earth that has a renewables strategy that has low CO2 with relying on hydro or nuclear.
You previously stated that no country, state has been able to go 100% or as near to 100% renewables as possible, and if any one knew of anywhere then to post it. It was then pointed out that Iceland is 100% renewables, now you've asked the same question again, but this time stated posters can't use renewable energy sourced from Hydro as an example; way to move the goal posts again PF!

Back to the old subject, considering the government via Angus Taylor has announced a review of nuclear energy in Australia, surely correspondance or evidence of Bill Shorten approving small scale nuclear reactors would be something the LNP would make public as a gotcha moment. So do you have a link, you know a link, not some made up stuff in your head, that provides evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors? I know i've asked you for this evidence for months, you run, you hide, you refuse to provide it except for something something person spoke to you who told you it occurred. Do you have a link to evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors?

You previously stated that no country, state has been able to go 100% or as near to 100% renewables as possible, and if any one knew of anywhere then to post it. It was then pointed out that Iceland is 100% renewables, now you've asked the same question again, but this time stated posters can't use renewable energy sourced from Hydro as an example; way to move the goal posts again PF!

Back to the old subject, considering the government via Angus Taylor has announced a review of nuclear energy in Australia, surely correspondance or evidence of Bill Shorten approving small scale nuclear reactors would be something the LNP would make public as a gotcha moment. So do you have a link, you know a link, not some made up stuff in your head, that provides evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors? I know i've asked you for this evidence for months, you run, you hide, you refuse to provide it except for something something person spoke to you who told you it occurred. Do you have a link to evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors?

Geothermal is one I didn’t add, so you have me there.

Geothermal is great if you have volcanic heat rather than the traditional uranium decaying in granites, like Australia and the majority of the world.

So add geothermal to hydro and nuclear as strategies that work in lowering CO2.

Where wind and solar don’t, unless they have hydro or nuclear supporting them.

The absurd issue is, if you have hydro or nuclear, you don’t need wind or solar and worse by adding them you increase CO2.

For clarity:

It’s interesting 0% of scientists or general citizens can point to a jurisdiction on earth with a renewables strategy of wind and solar that work without relying on nuclear, hydro or geothermal.

Last edited:
Geothermal is one I didn’t add, so you have me there.

Geothermal is great if you have volcanic heat rather than the traditional uranium decaying in granites, like Australia and the majority of the world.

So add geothermal to hydro and nuclear as strategies that work in lowering CO2.

Where wind and solar don’t, unless they have hydro or nuclear supporting them.

The absurd issue is, if you have hydro or nuclear, you don’t need wind or solar and worse by adding them you increase CO2.

For clarity:

It’s interesting 0% of scientists or general citizens can point to a jurisdiction on earth with a renewables strategy of wind and solar that work without relying on nuclear, hydro or geothermal.

Geothermal, hydro, solar, wind etc are all renewables, just as this has been explained to you on multiple occasions by multiple poster on here.

Once again, Iceland is almost 100% if not actually 100% powered from renewable energy; the fact that you ignore, confuse or simply are unable to understand.

So now back to the same question you run away from Power Fail:

Considering the government via Angus Taylor has announced a review of nuclear energy in Australia, surely correspondance or evidence of Bill Shorten approving small scale nuclear reactors would be something the LNP would make public as a gotcha moment. So do you have a link, you know a link, not some made up stuff in your head, that provides evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors? I know i've asked you for this evidence for months, you run, you hide, you refuse to provide it except for something something person spoke to you who told you it occurred. Do you have a link to evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors?

Geothermal, hydro, solar, wind etc are all renewables, just as this has been explained to you on multiple occasions by multiple poster on here.

Once again, Iceland is almost 100% if not actually 100% powered from renewable energy; the fact that you ignore, confuse or simply are unable to understand.

So now back to the same question you run away from Power Fail:

Considering the government via Angus Taylor has announced a review of nuclear energy in Australia, surely correspondance or evidence of Bill Shorten approving small scale nuclear reactors would be something the LNP would make public as a gotcha moment. So do you have a link, you know a link, not some made up stuff in your head, that provides evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors? I know i've asked you for this evidence for months, you run, you hide, you refuse to provide it except for something something person spoke to you who told you it occurred. Do you have a link to evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors?

I hope you can see a pattern that reliable low CO2 power generation results in low CO2 emissions.

Where in contrast unreliable low CO2 power generation results in high CO2.

That’s why we need to focus investment into areas that are effective in achieving the stated goal.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back