The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Nice of you to try and move the goal posts again Power Fail. See this is how its gone;

PF: Can anyone point to a country/state/jurisdiction that is 100% renewables, just one?

Answer: Yes Iceland.

PF: Ok, you got me. So can anyone point to a country/state/jurisdiction that is 100% renewables, oh but you can't mention renewables from hydro!

Answer: Still Iceland.

PF: Ok you got me again. Ok so can anyone point to a country/state/jurisdiction that is 100% renewables, oh but you can't mention renewables from hydro or geothermal!

Please link

Or accept you are making false claims

Please link

Or accept you are making false claims
And iíi drag you back onto this one Power Fail:

do you have a link, you know a link, not some made up stuff in your head, that provides evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors? I know i've asked you for this evidence for months, you run, you hide, you refuse to provide it except for something something person spoke to you who told you it occurred. Do you have a link to evidence to support your claim that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors?

Have some integrity and link my previous response

You made numerous claims that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors;

QUOTE=Power Raid:Shorten did give the nod on the small modular with 5-40mw being the preferred size.

And when asked to provide a link to evidence to support your claim, what do we get, a link to evidence? No we get this!

QUOTE=Power Raid: The source is the team working on the nuclear strategy which includes the storage facility, the subs review and the power to support the EV and camps.

No link, no evidence, just another Power Fail!

You made numerous claims that Bill Shorten approved small scale nuclear reactors;

And when asked to provide a link to evidence to support your claim, what do we get, a link to evidence? No we get this!

No link, no evidence, just another Power Fail!

Which is consistent with my representation prior to your request

Given that’s the case, why constantly ask for something else when I have clearly stated the source?

Why make the 100% renewables claim, something I never said?

Why make the claim re hydro not being renewables, something I never said?

Why make the claim I threatened you, something I never did?

Please reach out to a moderator. You need help

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
His point is that wind and solar are s**tty sources, not that all renewables are s**tty sources. Hope that saves another 10 pages of back and forth!
He has no point. He is trying to say renewables are s**t, while excluding Hydro so he can make his point. He's a dimwit with an agenda because he clearly has a vested interest. You put facts to him and he'll refute them with right wing opinions rather than actual facts.

He has no point. He is trying to say renewables are s**t, while excluding Hydro so he can make his point. He's a dimwit with an agenda because he clearly has a vested interest. You put facts to him and he'll refute them with right wing opinions rather than actual facts.

You keep failing to understand my statement despite it being presented to you in different ways by different people. I am not anti-renewables as I am pro volcanic geothermal and hydro. I am on record of saying hydro is the best source of energy. I do however believe wind and solar does not and will not deliver the outcome required.

Perhaps rather than get all emotional, simply point out one jurisdiction on the planet that has a renewables strategy, that has achieved low CO2 per kwhr that doesn't rely upon nuclear or hydro.

Secondly, we know a grid relying upon nuclear and hydro can deliver a remarkable CO2 per kwhr of 40g. How long should we wait for dirty Germany and it's dirty renewables strategy to deliver the same? Given Tasmania, New Zealand, France, Sweden, Norway, Ontario, Washington, Yukon, Uruguay etc etc have delivered the world benchmark levels decades ago.........probably well before you were born............how long do we wait and should Australia follow Germany's failed strategy?

I confirm I have no vested interest. We have invested in coal, geothermal, technology metals (for renewables and batteries), uranium and gas in the past but currently hold no energy related investments.

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perhaps rather than get all emotional, simply point out one jurisdiction on the planet that has a renewables strategy, that has achieved low CO2 per kwhr that doesn't rely upon nuclear or hydro.
Stop excluding Hydro to make an invalid point because you hate wind and solar with a passion as they are destroying your coal investment.

Stop excluding Hydro to make an invalid point because you hate wind and solar with a passion as they are destroying your coal investment.

I think this is the real issue.

You’re in love with renewables, rather than seeking to achieve a low CO2 outcome and the environment.

There is nothing wrong with being in love with a concept but everything wrong with confusing love with an objective.

Oh and I’m anti coal and don’t have coal investments. We are back by a European government owned bank, so even if I did like it, we wouldn’t be able to invest. This gives us great insight into EU energy and the challenges/ opportunities.

Oh and we are backed by two leading EV manufacturers, so our business is far more green than most mining funds. It also gives us insights into the challenges of the industry.

We are also backed by a group into aircraft engines, nuclear reactors and high end cars.

But no coal

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Coal, coal fired power station, the effect of China on global emissions:
Advice prepared for the Prime Minister ahead of PIF, and obtained by the ABC, shows China invested $36 billion in new coal-fired electricity generation in 27 nations last year.

The advice to the Prime Minister concluded that if Australia shut its entire electricity generation grid, China would replace these emissions within six days.

Why are our power costs going up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Advice prepared for the Prime Minister ahead of PIF, and obtained by the ABC, shows China invested $36 billion in new coal-fired electricity generation in 27 nations last year.

The advice to the Prime Minister concluded that if Australia shut its entire electricity generation grid, China would replace these emissions within six days.

Because we deregulated it. The same old story with deregulation... Have you ever done research?

Not a big enough stick ?

to reach germany?

the issue isn't limited to Australia, so we might have to compare other jurisdictions and see through actual costs including subsidies, to understand why some jurisdictions have increased more than others.

Rob R

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 17, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn

Because greedy.companies like AGL are using green energy as an excuse to prematurely shut down older plants before replacement capacity exists so they can push up prices due to less supply. We need to phase coal out but a lot of companies and most lobbyists are using it to make money or attention seek not help the planet.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

to reach germany?

the issue isn't limited to Australia, so we might have to compare other jurisdictions and see through actual costs including subsidies, to understand why some jurisdictions have increased more than others.
The stick they sat on?

Angus and his big stick

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
so many ill informed posters in this thread. Great that I have found it. Thanks for the laughs.

Great contribution that so:
Up to 1.3 million households in Victoria are at risk of blackouts during heatwaves this coming summer if no extra power generation is secured and two power plant outages last longer than expected, the Australian Energy Market Operator has found.

Failures at AGL Energy's Loy Yang coal power plant and at an Origin Energy gas plant in Victoria pose a "significant risk" of blackouts of up to four hours if repairs last longer than their scheduled date in December into the summer, AEMO said in a report on Thursday.

It also warned of "elevated" risks of blackouts continuing over the next 10 years, but did not find supply was scarce enough over the next three years to trigger new rules requiring retailers to guarantee reliable supply that came into effect on July 1.

14ae91c800f6355fc3d59bfcedb96405e21a372d

A unit outage at AGL's Loy Yang power plant in Victoria is pointing to a tight summer supply. Nine Newspapers

The report comes as the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission's interim gas inquiry found gas prices, which have spiked higher in the past three years, were falling in Queensland but not for southern states. Victoria recorded its highest ever demand day for gas in early August.

AEMO chief executive Audrey Zibelman said the findings on potential electricity shortages show the need for urgent action and planning to deliver affordable and reliable power all year round, but particularly over the summer.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
Whats the story with the solar panels these days:

Walmart wants Tesla to pay up for its charred and scorched roofs.
The retail giant claims Tesla’s solar panel arm (which was formed when Tesla acquired SolarCity in 2016) is to blame for a series of fires that damaged Walmart stores and merchandise, according to a multi-million-dollar lawsuit filed yesterday in the state of New York.

COMPLAINTS about dodgy solar panel installations have skyrocketed in Queensland, with a new report revealing a quarter of all home solar ...

Jul 5, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Whats the story with the solar panels these days:

Walmart wants Tesla to pay up for its charred and scorched roofs.
The retail giant claims Tesla’s solar panel arm (which was formed when Tesla acquired SolarCity in 2016) is to blame for a series of fires that damaged Walmart stores and merchandise, according to a multi-million-dollar lawsuit filed yesterday in the state of New York.

COMPLAINTS about dodgy solar panel installations have skyrocketed in Queensland, with a new report revealing a quarter of all home solar ...

Further evidence of Tesla being a marketing wet dream as opposed to a quality company.

As for the issues in QLD, a paywall blocks my access to your article. But in Vic all solar installations are required to be signed off by an inspector before they are energised. QLD does not have this rule.

It's not fool proof in Vic either, a lot of inspectors will just pull up to the property, give a quick glance, and then collect their $200 fee without doing all necessary testing.

But hey, any electrical work involves a fire risk if the components are faulty or the installation workmanship is not sound.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back