The war against renewable energy

Remove this Banner Ad

Nouseforaname12

Draftee
Sep 24, 2018
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

So much love for the gas from then looney lefties, yet it’s worse than the evil coal!

There is a reason why billions is being spent in investment now on exploration, expansion and planned & new projects over the years and most companies currently ramping up production!

Like in Several countries in Europe and Asia are going back to coal!

When companies spend billions of their own money on a product, there is a reason for that!

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets

So much love for the gas from then looney lefties, yet it’s worse than the evil coal!

There is a reason why billions is being spent in investment now on exploration, expansion and planned & new projects over the years and most companies currently ramping up production!

Like in Several countries in Europe and Asia are going back to coal!

When companies spend billions of their own money on a product, there is a reason for that!

How sad do you have to be to make a new account every week because you got banned for being a moron?

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Given the fact most of Asia and Europe are going back to good old coal in pre existing and new power plants!

Pretty much summed your own argument up
What "fact"

Stop bullshitting and take a look around you.

It's over....now you can stand where you are and yell at the clouds, or you can join the debate regarding how we implement the solutions

the report re the batteries operations highlighted they respond much quicker than the current residual system. However the time difference does not result in any operational improvement.

So if it's not operational improvement, the only benefit is price. Given that information has not been publicly released and we are now paying for two residual systems, it is hard to understand how there could be a financial benefit.

So if it's not financial or operational........what is the benefit?

Financial.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-10-...rganic&WT.tsrc=Facebook_Organic&sf199000714=1

Australia's electricity grid requires regular small adjustments to keep the supply and demand of electricity in balance and keep the system operating at the required frequency — a tight band around 50 hertz.

The Tesla big battery is registered to provide these "frequency control ancillary services" or FCAS.

According to AEMO, the speed, precision and agility of the battery is unprecedented in dealing with these regular, small frequency variations as well as major power disturbances.

Conventional coal-fired or gas-fuelled generators might take seconds; the battery takes milliseconds.

Not only are its responses technically superior, it has also lowered the cost of providing these services.

The South Australian Government has contracted to buy most of the power at a cost of $4 million a year as an emergency reserve.

But that expense is being more than offset by the downward pressure the battery is putting on the cost of crucial network services.

In the first quarter of this year, the cost of FCAS fell by nearly $33 million, or 57 per cent, according to AEMO — in large part because of the introduction of the Tesla big battery.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Apr 8, 2007
Dublin
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SJ Sharks/Everton/NY Jets
I would like to believe it true but the weasel words and failure to disclose costs raises questions.

Why report 57% and $33m but then go on and say “large part”? Why not state the figure?

Why hide the acquisition cost? Shifting costs from the left hand to the right doesn’t mean no cost.
Because it's commercial confidence. Something you fail to understand because you have an ideological and financial stake in other energy supplies.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
A Dead Industry

Doe01CcWwAA3n1d.jpg:large

Coal isn't even just an energy issue in this country any more, it's morphed into a front in the culture wars. I guarantee all the dinosaurs carrying coal into Parliament will be the same ones shilling for "religious freedom" when the Ruddock report is eventually tabled.

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
100% wind isnt going to put anyone in a cave
Environmental damage caused by man may
Yes every one can pay 5 times more for their power bill, by the way what happens when the wind doesn't blow?

Caves that is where you want people to live.

I on the other hand want zero emissions, 100% wind will never provide that, no matter what some greeny who has no economic or engineering knowledge posts as fact on the web.

Sainteric

Cancelled
Aug 5, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
Coal isn't even just an energy issue in this country any more, it's morphed into a front in the culture wars. I guarantee all the dinosaurs carrying coal into Parliament will be the same ones shilling for "religious freedom" when the Ruddock report is eventually tabled.
Nah greenies with zero knowledge vs people who rather not live in caves.

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
Origin says solar cheaper than coal, moving on from base-load

Origin Energy says the cost of wind and solar farms has fallen so far it is now cheaper than the marginal cost of coal generation, and the company is moving on from the concept of “24/7 base-load”.

The assessment was made by Greg Jarvis, the company’s head of energy trading and operations, in an interview for RenewEconomy’s popular Energy Insiders podcast, published on Tuesday.

“I have been in this game for so long … the one thing I have seen is just the cost of renewables really change the game,” Jarvis says. “It is amazing what we have been seeing.

“Renewables are cheaper than the marginal cost of black coal at the moment. They are very cheap.”

https://reneweconomy.com.au/origin-says-solar-cheaper-than-coal-moving-on-from-base-load-70999/

A Dead Industry

Doe01CcWwAA3n1d.jpg:large

are you for real?

It was just announced Australia's mining exports just hit a record high. Perhaps the foretasted drop is the correction of market forces.

can I have what you're smoking?

Because it's commercial confidence. Something you fail to understand because you have an ideological and financial stake in other energy supplies.

In the context of the discussion, to raise misleading numbers to support a point of view is simply misleading. It would be wonderful if batteries were cheap but they aren't.

It doesn't mean we shouldn't do it for R&D, development etc but to make misleading statements and even worse, defend it by commercial in confidence. It's probably best we wait for them to come out with honest and clear figures before going off half cocked.

Origin Energy says the cost of wind and solar farms has fallen so far it is now cheaper than the marginal cost of coal generation, and the company is moving on from the concept of “24/7 base-load”.

The assessment was made by Greg Jarvis, the company’s head of energy trading and operations, in an interview for RenewEconomy’s popular Energy Insiders podcast, published on Tuesday.

“I have been in this game for so long … the one thing I have seen is just the cost of renewables really change the game,” Jarvis says. “It is amazing what we have been seeing.

“Renewables are cheaper than the marginal cost of black coal at the moment. They are very cheap.”

https://reneweconomy.com.au/origin-says-solar-cheaper-than-coal-moving-on-from-base-load-70999/
The IPA f***wits on the right of the Libs are so up there own arses that they are in great danger of causing the party to lose support in the business community who'd rather see Bill Shorten and Labor come in and actually provide some form of stability and policy grounded in reality which the conga line of suckholes in government have totally failed to do.

a gas company, that knows gas is best suited to support unreliable power generation, says solar is cheaper than coal!

again renewables when they work are cheaper but that does not translate to cheaper power to the consumer, as the back up reliable systems still need to be paid for.

misleading and deceptive conduct

Jan 12, 2011
AFL Club
Collingwood
are you for real?

It was just announced Australia's mining exports just hit a record high. Perhaps the foretasted drop is the correction of market forces.

can I have what you're smoking?
Oh, I see your mistake, you think I'm the author of the article
Thank you, but no, I'm not

But its a super interesting article don't you think....of course you do, that's why you read it and commented on it, right?

Oh, I see your mistake, you think I'm the author of the article
Thank you, but no, I'm not

But its a super interesting article don't you think....of course you do, that's why you read it and commented on it, right?

please confirm "a dead industry" is your opinion or the authors or both

Remove this Banner Ad

Back