The War on Drugs - Wagonwheel Blues

Remove this Banner Ad

The Zebra

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Jun 29, 2004
Hung Like a Horse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Any other fans out there?

I did a search, but 'war', 'on' and 'the' don't register and drugs on a music board is too time consuming.

One of the best albums I have listened to this year.

Get into it.:thumbsu:

I won a copy from 2SER here in Sydney a few weeks ago and only had a listen to it today funnily enough. It sounds ok but I'm going through a bit of a thrash stage at the minute so I'll have to have another listen soon.

Do you know much about the band themselves?

• Banned
I won a copy from 2SER here in Sydney a few weeks ago and only had a listen to it today funnily enough. It sounds ok but I'm going through a bit of a thrash stage at the minute so I'll have to have another listen soon.

Do you know much about the band themselves?

All I knew was they were very good and they were American. A mate put me on to them.

But I know more now I have read the articles linked to their wikipage:

Here tis' http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_War_on_Drugs_(band)

I've been checking a few rock bands lately, which is pretty big for me, liking Kings of Leon the most. I'm gonna check this out too.

Crazy if you're gonna rock at least do proper rock not the boring, safe, middle of the road pap served up by Kings of Leon.

I rate them as one of the most boring bands I have ever seen live. They weren't even bad they were just bland and passionless.

• Banned
Crazy if you're gonna rock at least do proper rock not the boring, safe, middle of the road pap served up by Kings of Leon.

Their latest album is moving closer to that description, but their previous three (and particularly first two) are far from it. Awesome albums.

I rate them as one of the most boring bands I have ever seen live. They weren't even bad they were just bland and passionless.

You obviously didn't see them at the Palace a couple of years ago. Killer performance.

Agreed.

They just don't excite me at all, I would rather fall asleep than listen to their music. Easily the most overrated band in the world.

One of my favourite bands.

They have just released a live album and it's fairly decent.

I guess if not for covid we would of got a studio album instead so hopefully we get a new studio album next year.

One of my favourite bands.

They have just released a live album and it's fairly decent.

I guess if not for covid we would of got a studio album instead so hopefully we get a new studio album next year.

They're a band on paper I should love, but they're a bit by the numbers. Their songs are a bit long for how good the actual content is, and it's not as though their deviating around from traditional rock song structures either. The songs just drag out as they double over the verses and then have these huge extended outros that could be split in half.

Their first few LP's were actually pretty underrated. Interesting KOL were mentioned in the first few bands- WOD had a pretty similar musical trajectory, making some more lo-fi indie rock before progressing to making some cleaner, more expansive songs. Some of the guitar effects were a bit OTT, but I liked how raw the singer's voice is/was on their first couple of LP's.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back