"The Warchest" - NMFC's young midfield corps (thread for discussing them as a group)

Remove this Banner Ad

My thoughts exactly. No wonder these two hated each other so much...they're the same :$

+1 for burning it and removing chadwiko's thread creating abilities for 1 month.
We can't burn the thread. He has "Officially" started the movement so there's no putting the genie back in the bottle now. It's official.

Add one 'e' (ahem) and this thread reads even worse:

"The Warchest" - NMFC's young midfield corpse (thread for discussing them as a group)
simu liu comedy GIF by Kim's Convenience

I'm old enough to remember when we were getting excited about the future of the 'meatgrinder' midfield featuring Ziebell, Greenwood, Cunnington, Swallow etc.

Without trying to be too much of a wet blanket (partly because I do think this time is different), we've been disappointed before.

It is not just going to happen because we have a few talented players.
As high as the expectations were for the 'meatgrinder' it was always one paced with good but not great skills. Tough as tough can be though. The midfield we are building now might not be quite as tough but the scope for skill, speed and x-factor has it covered.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The wargrinder, no the meatchest ... no that doesn't work. What about the warmeat?

... Chestgrinder?
I’m going to take a guess and say they are also specials at Tender Touch

I'm old enough to remember when we were getting excited about the future of the 'meatgrinder' midfield featuring Ziebell, Greenwood, Cunnington, Swallow etc.

Without trying to be too much of a wet blanket (partly because I do think this time is different), we've been disappointed before.

It is not just going to happen because we have a few talented players.

Lol, I remember when we had the “Triple Towers” thread of Tarrants, Hales and Petries in which it was declared the Triple Towers were going to be the most unstoppable forward combo of all time.

In the end, I don’t think we got more than 50 goals between them and then after a season and a half it was all over.

Lol, I remember when we had the “Triple Towers” thread of Tarrants, Hales and Petries in which it was declared the Triple Towers were going to be the most unstoppable forward combo of all time.

In the end, I don’t think we got more than 50 goals between them and then after a season and a half it was all over.

It ended with the Bronx Boos of Tazza v Bulldogs game

I only remember it because it coincided with a burst hose in our house that flooded half the joint

Remove this Banner Ad

Back