FTA-TV The Warriors

Remove this Banner Ad

No, it's horrible. I only watched it because a mate is one of the extras, boy has he copped some flack in the group chat.

warriors.gif

I've watched a few episodes now and not one has passed without me asking aloud 'what the f*ck?!' - I've gone from being horrified as to how shoddy the whole production is to somewhat enjoying it in a so-bad-that-it's-good way.

The Warriors are actually meant to be an AFL club, not that the producers have bothered to even try to make it look half-way plausible.

As someone else pointed out, there's a handful of decent mature actors on board in John Howard, Vince Colosimo and Lisa McCune. The main quartet of 'players' though various degrees of terrible.

The show has a bit of an Indigenous slant to it, one of the two main writers and a few of the main cast members have Indigenous backgrounds.
According to the wikipedia entry Nicky Winmar will show up at some stage as himself - as will, er, Peter Bedford ..

It's not great but it's good to see a footy show on TV like this I guess. Strange that so much of it is so far off real life but ehh, I'm trying my best to enjoy it. Some of the stuff is reasonably funny.

It's so dumb though in so many ways, hopefully it improves as the season goes on, however I feel pretty much any Joe Blow could have been an advisor and helped out with things to make it seem a little bit more like a real AFL team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back