Competition The Warsaw Boars - logo design

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Hi all!

After having great success with BigFooty designing the logo of the Polish National Aussie Rules Team (see here: https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/polish-devils-national-team-kit-logo.1212878/) - I'm coming back with a new competition. We have formed two proper clubs in Warsaw, one of them will be called the Warsaw Boars (WarBoars?), and the Boars need a logo.

We were gifted a set of jumpers by Whitefriars College in Melbourne, so the kit and the colours are sorted, it's just the logo we need.

LOGO PARAMTERS:
- Please use the official Warsaw Boars colours, as seen in the Whitefriars logo below
- A picture of the kit is also below in case you'd like to work that into the logo design (the W on the jumper fits quite well with a Warsaw team)
- Please include a boar on the logo in some form
- We are happy to consider AFL-style logos, more emblematic style logos (such as you see in EPL), and even a fun cartoon-y entry

COMPETITION DETAILS:
Deadline for entry: 20th September
Selection process: all the designs will be shown to the players and they will vote on their preferred design in a poll. Note that there will be entries from outside BigFooty too. The players have until the 22nd of September to vote
Award: The award for the logo is $30. If a Bigfooty design doesn't win the final poll, I will still award the $30 to the BigFooty design which placed highest. I'll post a link to the FB post when we announce the logo. Most likely it will be here: https://www.facebook.com/FutbolAustralijskiWPolsce/

After the selection is made, we might like to tweak the design and we can agree on an extra payment for that.

Hopefully I've formulated all this correctly and within forum guidelines.

Looking forward to your help!

Powodzenia!

Attachments

• Warsaw Boars colours.jpg
    Warsaw Boars colours.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Warsaw Boars jumper.png
    Warsaw Boars jumper.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 165

WonderT

The realistic logo guy
Apr 11, 2019
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Renegades
Here is my submission. It was a pretty fun project but I went though a lot of weird looking boars before finally settling on this design. Hope the competition goes well and the team gets a great logo out of it.

BigFooty_Warsaw_Boars_Concept.jpg

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So we've got 3 awesome entries. Last day for entering is Sunday the 20th. Will be great to get a few more before the deadline!

FYI - the Boars played their first ever tournament on Sunday. They beat both the other Warsaw teams but lost a group stage match to Dresden by 1 point. They also faced Dresden in the Grand Final, but ran out of legs, losing by about 3 goals.

Aug 11, 2011
Waverley Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill (VFL)
The logos designed for this competition where incredible, with alot of thought going into them. If I had to decide a winner I would actually pick two, one as the team logo and one as the traditional logo. Wonder T's logo would be the team logo, it gives the team a logo with attitude. However Sunsphere Parker's logo takes in all the elements that made the clubs image, the yellow w's with the white outline and navy blue background.

One logo for the club now and one logo for the history of the club. It isn't a long history but it should be recognised.
F9D4jF7.jpg

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades
Well the style I went for was intended to blend between a European football emblem and Australian football logo, which I figured might resonate with Europeans more. But it also I guess we will find out if does.

MoscowHawk

Team Captain
Jul 6, 2011
Warsaw, Poland
AFL Club
Hawthorn
So I'm happy to announce the winner after our 26 Warsaw players voted on the logo. The winner is WonderT with the mean-looking boar face! I'll contact you in DMs

The boys were stoked with the designs! We're really happy with the entries.

FYI - the Warsaw Boars will be playing in an Aussie Rules tournament in Wrocław this Saturday. We now have 4 teams in Poland - The Boars (oink!), The Warsaw Saints, The Wrocław Lions and Fort Nysa (who don't appear to have a nickname yet, although The Forts sounds alright!). We had the first ever international footy tournament in Poland a couple of weeks ago, now it's the first ever local Polish-only tournament.

PS: For the team song - "We're the happy team at Warsaw, we're the mighty fighting Boars...." ;)

Genghis Tron

HBF
Koala Light vs Dark Charity Match Gumbies FFC - Sweet F.A.
Apr 6, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
The Void
So I'm happy to announce the winner after our 26 Warsaw players voted on the logo. The winner is WonderT with the mean-looking boar face! I'll contact you in DMs

FYI - the Warsaw Boars will be playing in an Aussie Rules tournament in Wrocław this Saturday. We now have 4 teams in Poland - The Boars (oink!), The Warsaw Saints, The Wrocław Lions and Fort Nysa (who don't appear to have a nickname yet, although The Forts sounds alright!). We had the first ever international footy tournament in Poland a couple of weeks ago, now it's the first ever local Polish-only tournament.

PS: For the team song - "We're the happy team at Warsaw, we're the mighty fighting Boars...." ;)
May the football Gods smile upon The Boars and their new logo bringing them great fortune.

Oct 27, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Packers, Raptors, Renegades

Awesome stuff, all the best for this Saturday :thumbsu:

You know where to find us whenever you need another logo ;)

Back