F1 The Wash Up - Previous 2024 Race Weekends

Remove this Banner Ad

Lando said post race that following close behind is difficult and it takes a couple of laps to work out how to navigate a lap with the loss of downforce and overheating tyres. He said he got it under control but by then it was the last lap and he ran out of time to try and get past.

LeClerc drove away from him, as soon as his tyres started to go off.

Sainz was miles off the pace, and never looked like catching Piastri, despite having tyres that were 4 laps younger. His stint after pitting showed just how badly Piastri had been held up, and how hard his own team had ****ed him over with the Magnussen qualifying debacle.

Yes, McLaren got their pit stop strategy right - almost the first time all season that they haven't ****ed Piastri over. However, they didn't go anywhere near fixing the damage they'd already done with the qualifying debacle.

As for Monaco... it's utterly impossible to pass there (unless assisted by blue flags), so there's almost no point in watching Sunday's race. The result will be decided by qualifying on Saturday night.

** OK... we should never underestimate Ferrari's ability to stuff things up, and lose the unlosable GP. LeClerc, I'm looking at you!
Hence why I said “hopefully he can plonk it on pole”.
I think Oscar is going to start making it harder and harder for the team to **** him over without being pilloried in the commentary and media, regardless of Norris and his usual whinge “he's holding me up” when he’s still a second and half behind him.

Lando said post race that following close behind is difficult and it takes a couple of laps to work out how to navigate a lap with the loss of downforce and overheating tyres. He said he got it under control but by then it was the last lap and he ran out of time to try and get past.
Yet teams want to have more scope for changing aero... something has to give, can't just have DRS as the only way to overtake. Teams having a lot of traction coming out of corners also ruins it because it prevents any chance of getting that fraction of a second on someone coming out of a corner, like you get in Indy car.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back