Prediction The "Watch This Space" Prediction thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Esava will do something today to make your eyes pop.

For me the fact he was scoring while on Lever and took him out of the game then goes into the ruck vs Gawn and battles well IS an eye popper for a bloke whose played less games ever than I have had beers this weekend.
I also stand by my Tim Kelly comment, future star (and by future I mean round 7).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For me the fact he was scoring while on Lever and took him out of the game then goes into the ruck vs Gawn and battles well IS an eye popper for a bloke whose played less games ever than I have had beers this weekend.
I also stand by my Tim Kelly comment, future star (and by future I mean round 7).
You've only had two beers this weekend?? :eek:

For a bit of fun on a Friday and before our first sort of real match for the year... It is time to lay your internet hero reputation on the line with a prediction.
And we are not talking captain obvious ones, "Danger will have a good year" - get in the bin!
We want ones that are a stretch and a chance but not the most likely scenario!

For me.... Joel Selwood will surprise us all and be our most valuable mid this year,
Why... Well Joel is arguably the most competitive player I have seen, his will to fight and compete is second to none, watch that prelim... people say he wasn't good - he may not have been that good with disposal, but with a lame foot and struggling he tried to put the side on his back and carry us. In the period between the 2011 GF and Danger arriving he carried our midfield at times single highhandedly.
He is a proud competitive animal, and make no mistake he has a massive ego and is pretty arrogant as well... how do you think he is going to like being the 3rd banana? He isn't and I expect him to blitz this season and remind us all just how good he is, and just what he is capable of.

Look at the start of last season, sure.. Danger was sore after the Hawk game, but Joel was absolutely absurd at times, he put the team on his back and carried us to wins in some close games.. I genuinely felt he would be leading our B&F half way through the year, he got injured against the Swans and that was it really for his year... you could even argue that when he got knocked the **** out in the first 30 seconds against Freo that was a turning point.

Joel Selwood this year.... watch this space
Well so far so good... and on one leg for the last quarter
the little bald bloke wasn't bad either

Bumping this in order to predict the following:

Even if he stays fit and plays every remaining game for the rest of the season, Nakia Cockatoo - in defiance of the accepted narrative that the "only thing holding him back is his injuries" - will still NOT have the "breakout season" so many seem to expect of him. His output will mildly improve and he'll show glimpses but he'll still be a long way off what could be reasonably described as a breakout season, if we define that phrase as meaning the year a player goes from being merely flashy or merely being a contributor to being consistently very good/elite.

Talented but ridiculously overrated as it currently stands and I don't see that changing just yet. I'll go further as well and predict the following stats: less than 15 touches a game, and less than 30 goals in total for the home and away season even if he plays every game.

Hope I'm wrong and this gets quote-mined to shame me, nothing would make me happier. Somehow I can't see that happening.

Tim Kelly will play such amazing football this year that the AFL will create, then award to him, a new medal for best first year player for those who aren’t eligible for the Rising Star due to age.
Tim Kelly will have a better year than whichever player wins the rising star.
Spot on x 2.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back