Analysis The Way Forward

Remove this Banner Ad

Franklin isn’t magically gonna turn back time and become 26

He can’t play wing

he can move out of the goal square hopefully , he isn't tony lockett can't play deep all day and mark one on two

I've been pretty vocal about keeping Heeney in the forward line but it might be time to put him in the middle.

He's a wizard around the ball and can stick a tackle as well as anyone. Hayward showed a lot of growth this year and whilst he might not kick 50 like Heeney's capable of, he always competes and brings the ball down. Parker can spend more time forward and if Buddy plays a bit higher up the ground it opens up space for Logan to play deeper.

That’s what will happen

I don’t think it’s a great idea

It's an odd one , he had a 50
odd goal season so it mostly worked this year

his quiet games are now shockers though

It’s a hard one m

Not sure what they do structure wise

you work around hayward heeney papley who all got 115 goals between them (papley missed a few games )

buddy can fit around them not be the central focus- nor should he be

at round 1 2023 the opposition will still send a key defender to him

get mcdonald mclean armatey or whoever integrated in

you work around hayward heeney papley who all got 115 goals between them (papley missed a few games )

buddy can fit around them not be the central focus- nor should he be

at round 1 2023 the opposition will still send a key defender to him

get mcdonald mclean armatey or whoever integrated in
It’s buddy Franklin,
Until he retires he is the main focus

It’s just the way

It’s buddy Franklin,
Until he retires he is the main focus

It’s just the way

yeah that's the change then? play him as a flanker /decoy i dunno

he still tackles well and can have his magic moments

marking was ok randomly at times

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Down so hard that we are considering Melican for a senior spot geez

There is a reason why we decided to upgrade to Paddy for the KPD position.
Yep Paddy as an interceptor. We need a true defender. Melican can at least have some trust put into him to be given a flow of games like Fox has.
I'm prepared to give any defender on our list a go. Because other than Ramps, all our defenders are attacking players that were former forwards or wingmen.
Time for Ollie to go midfield again along with Blakey wing/forward. Bite the bullet. Get the ball forward & let defenders defend.
Short term pain.

If any of us knew we wouldn't be here posting 🤣
I think some of the stuff I'm posting is just me going nuts.🤣
I'm sure the coaches will have something in mind. They got us there with this group. I just don't want to see a Melican be given a go at another club & see him thrive as a defender. I see a lot of Grundy in him. Grundy made some god awful mistakes early days.

I think some of the stuff I'm posting is just me going nuts.🤣
I'm sure the coaches will have something in mind. They got us there with this group. I just don't want to see a Melican be given a go at another club & see him thrive as a defender. I see a lot of Grundy in him. Grundy made some god awful mistakes early days.

defenders mistakes always look worse

Yep Paddy as an interceptor. We need a true defender. Melican can at least have some trust put into him to be given a flow of games like Fox has.
I'm prepared to give any defender on our list a go. Because other than Ramps, all our defenders are attacking players that were former forwards or wingmen.
Time for Ollie to go midfield again along with Blakey wing/forward. Bite the bullet. Get the ball forward & let defenders defend.
Short term pain.

Has Melican learnt to not be 15m away from his opponent yet?

He won't learn from 5 of the 6 that were there on Sat. Ramps aside.

Paddy was decent, Fox was very good. Rampe was average (wasn't the worst though). I struggle to blame our backline on Saturday as the game starts and ends in the midfield and they were putrid.

also learn to *en tackle and make it stick

in the 3rd lloyd and co had about ten goes at tackling rohan and didn't stop him at all

Not saying I want Lloyd to go but it could be best moving forward. Tough one though.

We have to acknowledge the backline being put in a difficult situation in the GF. Ball gets turned over in the middle or from halfback. Cats were moving the ball quickly, and the defenders were left for dead.

Same happened in 2014 and that was with the backline at its peak.

We have to acknowledge the backline being put in a difficult situation in the GF. Ball gets turned over in the middle or from halfback. Cats were moving the ball quickly, and the defenders were left for dead.

Same happened in 2014 and that was with the backline at its peak.

yEP, I'm blaming the midfield. If anything the backline did very well in the first quarter it could have been a mile worse!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back