Banter The WCE Ashes Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

ConcreteWaters

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2014
Edinburgh
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
Is this pitch getting easier to bat on ?

Surely if we set 350+ they won't chase that
You never know, there's so much time left in the game. It would be absolutely fantastic if we could bat for the whole day and absolutely demoralise them. Stokes looked knackered and Archer had to go off with cramp. Imagine another 90 overs as the Ashes slips away. I hope we grind them into the ground!

Quinz

Chief Club Folder
May 31, 2005
On a Wing and a Prayer
AFL Club
West Coast
You never know, there's so much time left in the game. It would be absolutely fantastic if we could bat for the whole day and absolutely demoralise them. Stokes looked knackered and Archer had to go off with cramp. Imagine another 90 overs as the Ashes slips away. I hope we grind them into the ground!
I was pretty pi**ed off with Wade to be honest. Had them right on the ropes and he gets out with less than 15 minutes to play, getting hit on the gloves trying to sway back.

Then they get Paine and can see a small glimmer of a sub 300 chase. It would have been great to start today with only 4 wickets down and grind them down more.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I was pretty pi**ed off with Wade to be honest. Had them right on the ropes and he gets out with less than 15 minutes to play, getting hit on the gloves trying to sway back.

Then they get Paine and can see a small glimmer of a sub 300 chase. It would have been great to start today with only 4 wickets down and grind them down more.
I was more pi**ed off at the way Khawaja and Harris got out. The way Khawaja bats is not sustainable and he needs to be dropped. The Harris shot was so loose as well. Also Heads dismissal was a bit complacent.

If we lose this it will be down to the batting in the second innings and not shutting England out of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Top Bottom