Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

England completely kissed on the dick

Boult catches Stokes on the boundary but steps on the rope

Throw from the deep hits stokes bat and runs to the boundary

Scores tied in the super over so they win because they hit more boundaries

MOTM was a kiwi playing for England

I’d be ready to murder someone if I was a kiwi

England completely kissed on the dick

Boult catches Stokes on the boundary but steps on the rope

Throw from the deep hits stokes bat and runs to the boundary

Scores tied in the super over so they win because they hit more boundaries

MOTM was a kiwi playing for England

I’d be ready to murder someone if I was a kiwi
Thought the Kiwis played the better game and deserved to win.
But a great finish and shows how unpredictable cricket can be with fortunes changing with the blink of an eye.
Was barracking for Federer too so should have gone to bed st 8 pm as originally planned.

But a great finish and shows how unpredictable cricket can be with fortunes changing with the blink of an eye.
Was barracking for Federer too so should have gone to bed st 8 pm as originally planned.

Ash Barty losing, Djokovic winning (I'm a Nadal man), England getting up and the Eagles losing.

It hasn't been an ideal week.

Also thought Federer was the better player over 5 sets but couldn’t get it done in the tie breaks

Awesome night of sport

Eagles lose in a heartbreaker
Federer loses in a heartbreaker
England awarded the WC after a tie

The line between perfection and misery is too close sometimes.

Sport hey? It's why we rant and rave, have irrational internet conversations and go to bed absolutely elated or abjectly deflated. It's brilliant.

... But the 'superover' is pretty stupid, very 'golden point'.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If the tiebreak was who took the most wickets like one dayers used to be NZ win

They really were f’ed over from the first ball when that useless fat saffer umpire said not out

It was won on boundaries in the end yes? It's strange because I think the GF replay isn't a great situation, but there's something about 8 hours of cricket being decided on boundaries that doesn't sit right with me.

That had distinct shades of the 2017 EF about it (just with the wrong result this time!).

The only thing it took for England to win their first World Cup was:
- A home nation advantage
- An Irish Captain, Kiwi All-Rounder and West Indian bowler
- 4 overthrows deflected off their own bat
- A ridiculous countback rule

Well deserved.

Shallow way to win a world cup.

Bit farcical to be honest and a decision that would not be out of place at Rhode Island Yacht Club in an America's Cup Win to team USA.

Got to fell for the Kiwi's they have a every right to be pissed off and feel shafted.

Maybe ....just maybe..... the poms can now finally stop whinging about Diego Madonna and the "Hand of God".

Last edited:
Ugh what a s**t result to wake up to. Boundary count is a joke - seems almost juvenile to award the winner based on that. Runs are runs, shouldn’t be punished for running 1s and 2s.

That and it has always been a game that favours the Batsmen , in every form , as dot balls count for naught in assessing merit and its all about the boundaries, no matter how they are gotten.

Not saying it has happened deliberately here, but batsmen have for decades protected their castle from run outs with their body and once the ball has hit body or bat it should be ruled a dead ball.

I thought they'd won it based on the super over wickets when I first saw the score and that England had won.

But boundaries? That's so farked. What a typically English way to win something

Remove this Banner Ad

Back