Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
What an absolute howler overturned. How can you not see the massive inside edge onto the pad!? Then the check for a clear bump ball that the players didn't even go up for. Are these guys supposed to be international standard umpires?

Smith showing you don’t need to be the captain to be a leader.

The best batsman in the world. Period.

Second best batting average in test cricket behind 99.94

Currently 62.53* nearly 9 runs an innings better than the next best current player (Kolhi - 53.76)

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
Second best batting average in test cricket behind 99.94

Currently 62.53* nearly 9 runs an innings better than the next best current player (Kolhi - 53.76)
Is Voges’ average still ridiculously high? I know he was averaging in the 90’s at one point.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
94B00BC8-99AA-4884-8629-C8A21595F8B1.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Smith is a truely amazing cricketer. Who would have thought the little leggie/all rounder who debuted for Australia would go on to become the 2nd best batsman of all time (I reckon its a given)?
You're going to ignore Tendulkar and Kohli in that conversation?

Turboman1994

Club Legend
WCE Wings Guernsey
Jul 24, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
24 centuries and counting only just turned 30 averages a shiet tonne more than both. I’d have Tendulkar in front but kohli is in his rear view mirror as of now test match cricket is real cricket I don’t count ODIs and t20

getgaff

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 30, 2010
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Miami Heat, Old Easts
All hail King Smith. Unbelieveable innings and pissed that I ended up switching off for the night when Pattinson was dismissed.

Credit to Siddle and Lyon for showing a bit of grit as well which was missing.

Fingers crossed for some early poles on day 2.

Need to get into Root and the middle order quickly. Comparing England's middle order to ours (Head, Wade, Paine VS. Buttler, Stokes and Bairstow) they are kilometres ahead.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Nope. By the end of their careers when they can all be judged equally I don't think there will be much of a conversation unless Smith's career is cut short by injury. I think he will be clear number 2. If he isnt then I'd also have Jaques Kallis in that conversation.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
24 centuries and counting only just turned 30
If we're comparing apples, Virat's 30 and has 25 test centuries. Sachin had 31 before he was 30.

Given you mentioned Smith is second and Tendulkar in front, am I to infer you consider Smith better than Bradman? Surely not.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
If we're comparing apples, Virat's 30 and has 25 test centuries. Sachin had 31 before he was 30.

Given you mentioned Smith is second and Tendulkar in front, am I to infer you consider Smith better than Bradman? Surely not.
Lets not forget Smith was also a bit of a late bloomer and had a full year out of the game in his prime. An average of over 62 in 118 innings is special. I reckon we are going to see some amazing innings from him in this series, he is extremely talented but his drive and determination is something else altogether.
Im very much looking forward to watching it all play out.

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Lets not forget Smith was also a bit of a late bloomer and had a full year out of the game in his prime. An average of over 62 in 118 innings is special. I reckon we are going to see some amazing innings from him in this series, he is extremely talented but his drive and determination is something else altogether.
Im very much looking forward to watching it all play out.
Yeah, I don't disagree with that at all. I'm just suggesting there's other players who deserve to be in the conversation.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Best batsmen in the world open the innings like Boycott . Batting when the ball is older is easier . 3 balls in a row in 1 Broad over Smith couldnt get a bat on lucky not to nick . Left a ball that hit him on the pads was given out was lucky it seamed away from stumps only thing that saved him . Was a shocking leave . Was able to survive til the ball was old and out of shape . Englands best bowler down as well . He bats ok . His scratching around is annoying.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Best batsmen in the world open the innings like Boycott . Batting when the ball is older is easier . 3 balls in a row in 1 Broad over Smith couldnt get a bat on lucky not to nick . Left a ball that hit him on the pads was given out was lucky it seamed away from stumps only thing that saved him . Was a shocking leave . Was able to survive til the ball was old and out of shape . Englands best bowler down as well . He bats ok . His scratching around is annoying.
He came in at 2/17 with the ball hooping around and scored over half the teams total and left a ball that was missing the stumps. But yeah he only batted OK.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back