Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

I just want to say that Steve Smith has become my #1 Australian sportsman of all time. I love watching him play and we're all privileged to be watching one of the greatest sporting comebacks of all time.

Shame on anyone (filthy poms) who had the audacity and senselessness to boo him upon retaking the field after that head knock.

Hands down the best batsman I've ever had the honor of watching.

God I hope we win this test.

Shame on anyone (filthy poms) who had the audacity and senselessness to boo him upon retaking the field after that head knock.
I daresay a warm pint or two was involved with that minority. For the most part the crowd was excellent and you could see some of them growing and shaking their head when the boos were heard.

This however

Is not on.

Last edited:
I daresay a warm pint or two was involved with that minority. For the most part the crowd was excellent and you could see some of them growing and shaking their head when the boos were heard.

This however

Is not on.

Agreed. Disgraceful from Archer.

Geez Archer is a gun. Say what you will about his loyalties and his response to Smith's head knock, all fair enough, but his bowling is a thing of beauty. Such an effortless run-up, a beautiful tall action, and somehow it fires down at 150 clicks. It's so reminiscent of the Windies in their heyday, except they had 4 Jofra Archers steaming in.

The Archer laughing clip is from about 90s after the hit when Smith is already back on his feet. The whole thing has been very overblown
Watched it live, certainly appeared to be while Smith was on the Ground. Archer walked up a bit then walked away and had a laugh with Buttler who smiles then looks away and grimaces. Whatever the case, it didn't look good since Phil Hughes died. Prior to that, it was almost celebrated when the batsman was hit. Unless of course it was serious.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The guy who's so fussy about his equipment that he tapes his laces to his socks and changes his gloves every half an hour? No, he doesn't wear the neck guard.

Lost a lot of respect for Warne....always felt he was a campaigner, but great cricketer.
Have enjoyed some of his insight as a commentator in the past....don't get what he,s banging on about now
...thunder, lightning, archers, blood sucking leaches..an opera.
Turned into the standard media commentator..bang on about bullsh*t.....
Richie Benaud or GTFO, no class.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back