Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Good job by Labuschagne last night but he rode his luck big time - dropped twice and caught behind off a no ball

Compare that to Paine who was given out lbw to a ball clearly going over the stumps so he naturally reviewed only for it to show he got a faint inside edge onto his pad. Normally a good thing but in this instance the ball ballooned to gully and was taken on the full whilst England were in full lbw appeal mode

The number of batsmen getting caught nicking off driving at balls wide of off stump on this pitch has been embarrassing for the quality of modern day test batting

Spoon_Man

Club Legend
Mar 6, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Vikings, USC
Is this pitch getting easier to bat on ?

Surely if we set 350+ they won't chase that

Aug 12, 2014
P-town
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
Is this pitch getting easier to bat on ?

Surely if we set 350+ they won't chase that
You never know, there's so much time left in the game. It would be absolutely fantastic if we could bat for the whole day and absolutely demoralise them. Stokes looked knackered and Archer had to go off with cramp. Imagine another 90 overs as the Ashes slips away. I hope we grind them into the ground!

You never know, there's so much time left in the game. It would be absolutely fantastic if we could bat for the whole day and absolutely demoralise them. Stokes looked knackered and Archer had to go off with cramp. Imagine another 90 overs as the Ashes slips away. I hope we grind them into the ground!
I was pretty pissed off with Wade to be honest. Had them right on the ropes and he gets out with less than 15 minutes to play, getting hit on the gloves trying to sway back.

Then they get Paine and can see a small glimmer of a sub 300 chase. It would have been great to start today with only 4 wickets down and grind them down more.

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
I was pretty pi**ed off with Wade to be honest. Had them right on the ropes and he gets out with less than 15 minutes to play, getting hit on the gloves trying to sway back.

Then they get Paine and can see a small glimmer of a sub 300 chase. It would have been great to start today with only 4 wickets down and grind them down more.

I was more pissed off at the way Khawaja and Harris got out. The way Khawaja bats is not sustainable and he needs to be dropped. The Harris shot was so loose as well. Also Heads dismissal was a bit complacent.

If we lose this it will be down to the batting in the second innings and not shutting England out of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also congratulations to Lyon on moving to third on the all-time highest wicket takers for Australia. Not a bad effort, given for most of his career he's had to put up with people calling for him to be replaced with spuds like O'Keefe and Boyce.
I don’t get where this perception that O’Keefe is a spud comes from. Excellent FC record and sound Test record.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I don’t get where this perception that O’Keefe is a spud comes from. Excellent FC record and sound Test record.

It's largely because he's a 'spinner' who can't spin the ball. He tore through India by not spinning the ball when they expected him to (having presumably seen him listed as a spin bowler) but struggled once they clicked that he was just a slow bowler. When the standard line was "Lyon doesn't get enough spin, we should be playing O'Keefe", it was a touch eyebrow-raising. His FC record is good, albeit - as has become painfully obvious - the standard of batting at FC is not what it once was.

It was good to see him run through India though.

dirtyratz

Team Captain
Feb 25, 2008
Busselton
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
San Jose Sharks,SF 49ers,Subi Lions
I'm starting to have flash backs to last night, and I'm not talking about the cricket.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back