Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
This is nightmare stuff. Australia twice now having the chance to seal the Ashes and going to pieces.

Need at least 150 to have any hope, which at present is looking like a tough ask. Over to you Australia, err I mean Smith.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I so hope we bowl them out tomorrow and we should. I've been scarred by Leeds and that terrible Hawks loss, but we should have this.

But more than the national pride, I just want to see Smith bat selfishly in the final test. To feel free to chase whatever records he feels.

Smith was corrupted by the national hierarchy and he deserves the chance to just be his weird beautiful self. He's an absolute cricket savant and I want to see Smith's spectrumy brilliance absent the team demands in the final test.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I so hope we bowl them out tomorrow and we should. I've been scarred by Leeds and that terrible Hawks loss, but we should have this.

But more than the national pride, I just want to see Smith bat selfishly in the final test. To feel free to chase whatever records he feels.

Smith was corrupted by the national hierarchy and he deserves the chance to just be his weird beautiful self. He's an absolute cricket savant and I want to see Smith's spectrumy brilliance absent the team demands in the final test.
I'll never forgive the ACB for that. They robbed the world of one of the best ever batsmen for a year in his prime in order to make themselves look tough. It was a massive over reaction and Smith's name was tarnished when all he was guilty of is poorly executed fibbing about what happened and then taking leadership responsibility for Warners * up. If left to the ICC probably no more than 2 matches suspension but ACB had to scape goat those blokes to cover the fact that for years they had been fostering a win at all costs culture at the expense of integrity. The rot started at the top and those pricks should have been the first to fall on their swords.

Last edited:

Jiggyman

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
I'll never forgive the ACB for that. They robbed the world of one of the best ever batsmen for a year in his prime in order to make themselves look tough. It was a massive over reaction and Smith's name was tarnished when all he was guilty of is poorly executed fibbing about what happened and then taking leadership responsibility for Warners fu** up. If left to the ICC probably no more than 2 matches suspension but ACB had to scape goat those blokes to cover the fact that for years they had been fostering a win at all costs culture at the expense of integrity. The rot started at the top and those pricks should have been the first to fall on their swords.
The response to the ordeal was symptomatic of the pervasive, fake-humble, virtue-signalling call-out culture that's taken over Australian media and permeates through corporate boards.

We should feel lucky he got away with a year's ban...

So tonight we find ourselves in roughly the same position as we were a fortnight ago heading into day 5. Talk about a chance for instant redemption.
Except this pitch is deteriorating, but your point still stands

Back