Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

darksquare

Club Legend
Oct 11, 2016
Edgewater
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts
I'd be keeping an eye on Renshaw too. Still only 23 and has a test match hundred. Just needs to get some form together.

I really like Joe Burns and feel he's been pretty hard done by. I hope he smashes the start of the SS and demands his spot in the Test side.
Good call on Renshaw. I reckon he'll make more test runs in his career than Harris or Bancroft. Quote me in 10 years...

Apr 8, 2016
Vietnam
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Perth
Renshaw is the go for sure, assuming he can get some form under his belt. He does what an opener's first job is - to see off the new ball (when in form). A player like him is particularly important if the other opener is a Warner/Harris type. We need some players who can actually dig in, with solid defence, and bat a long innings. That's why Labuschagne has been such a delight to watch.

Warner will come good in Aus conditions, although he is getting on in years and struggles in certain overseas conditions, but his record speaks for itself. I have no issue persisting for a while. I have serious doubts about Khawaja though as he really only performs in Aus conditions, to the point they won't usually pick him for tours to the subcontinent, and he just isn't consistent enough. That said, back in Aus, he will no doubt be back in the team and do well. Head needs work on his technique but is doing ok I guess. I would like to see more of Patterson and Pucovski (if he can overcome his issues) and Harris has time (but probably prefer him as the Warner replacement with Renshaw at the other end).

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
First Willie, now sending the Poms into bat.
Going to be a ****ed weekend of sport :(
I've been a defender of Paine but this is next level stupid.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
F18B36B9-2BEE-468C-B1E8-479CA7DA50C7.jpeg

Sorry boys, no seats left on the bandwagon as I’ve already bought every last one.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
View attachment 745113

Sorry boys, no seats left on the bandwagon as I’ve already bought every last one.
Was this taken when he went down with hammy awareness?
Im not surprised about this having watched some of the practise game. Yes he took some wickets but he was getting real late and sharp swing on his deliveries- as he has done again here. Looks well suited to English conditions. I thought they may have brought him in for the last match. Hope he bats well- actually, I hope he doesnt even get a bat :)

Sep 10, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Toronto Maple Leafs
Back on the cricket... good to see Warner and Harris keeping up appearances. Seriously, why drop Head? Jump dump one of the aforementioned two and move everyone up a slot. 11 balls in is a joke, at least Bancroft stayed in long enough to take some shine off the ball.

Back on the cricket... good to see Warner and Harris keeping up appearances. Seriously, why drop Head? Jump dump one of the aforementioned two and move everyone up a slot. 11 balls in is a joke, at least Bancroft stayed in long enough to take some shine off the ball.
Perplexing decision in all honesty

Well done Mitch Marsh on his Michelle too, fantastic stuff

Back