Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

If we were to make and win the final who would you want to beat in it? Kohli for the meltdown and all of india or England just to really spice up the ashes. Delicious either way.

Should be playing finals already. Format sucks. 3 and a half dead rubbers to go. Stupid greedy BCCI.

Either play two games every day or get the minnows back in and have groups again.

Should be playing finals already. Format sucks. 3 and a half dead rubbers to go. Stupid greedy BCCI.

Either play two games every day or get the minnows back in and have groups again.

Less time for the Aussies to kill each other in the nets as well...

So we face England eh?
At Edgebaston, where they've won 567 straight ODI games or something.

Irritating to drop the last game, Maxwell's had a terrible tournament, Stoinis has been awful and is injured, Ussie in injured... Still feel like we've been doing well because of individual brilliance in games in spite of poor squad and team selection for the most part. And now we're at risk of having to replace two players potentially with MMarsh and Handscomb who haven't been given any practice with this team in the tournament so far.

Still, it's England so they'll choke under pressure and we'll beat India in the final.

3-4 weeks?? On top of losing Marsh! Jeebuz.

Handscomb please.

Handscomb was already on the plane to replace Marsh haha

Handscomb, Wade and Mitch Marsh were added to the squad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is there a more "English Cricket" thing than getting knocked out of your home World Cup because of Rain....?

Doing my best rain dance to ensure this happens

NaturalSelfreliantEgret-small.gif

Note: sadly this isn't too dissimilar to my regular dance moves :(

At Edgebaston, where they've won 567 straight ODI games or something.

Irritating to drop the last game, Maxwell's had a terrible tournament, Stoinis has been awful and is injured, Ussie in injured... Still feel like we've been doing well because of individual brilliance in games in spite of poor squad and team selection for the most part. And now we're at risk of having to replace two players potentially with MMarsh and Handscomb who haven't been given any practice with this team in the tournament so far.

Still, it's England so they'll choke under pressure and we'll beat India in the final.
Completely agree, I was livid watching that last match, never should have dropped it. The injuries don't bother me too much as both Stoinis and Ussie have been less than impressive. I'd be very happy for Handscomb to come in but secretly I'm hoping that Wade gets the call up. He's been in excellent form for over 12 months and the exact type of batsman we've been lacking (explosive).

Our supposedly explosive batsman, Maxwell, is garbage, and it's about time for everyone to admit it. No wickets the entire tournament and a batting average of 20 odd is totally unacceptable.

I'd also say that Steve Smith has been extremely disappointing since game 3. He really needs to lift. As does Cummins who's in the same boat.
Warner, Finch, Starc and Carey (his batting, at least) have been doing way too much heavy lifting.

I'm still hopeful we can pull this off, but I'm nervous. Gonna be a big 48 hours of sport between Thursday and Friday night!

Feels like we stuffed our chances of winning the cup after dropping the SA game and finishing 2nd in the group stage. Mind you, if England do us in and we finish 3rd overall its probably a more accurate representation of where we're at. We won a couple games we probably shouldn't have batting first. I suspect England will beat us and then India in the final with ease now that the shackles of potentially missing semis as the host have come off their hands.

Feels like we stuffed our chances of winning the cup after dropping the SA game and finishing 2nd in the group stage. Mind you, if England do us in and we finish 3rd overall its probably a more accurate representation of where we're at. We won a couple games we probably shouldn't have batting first. I suspect England will beat us and then India in the final with ease now that the shackles of potentially missing semis as the host have come off their hands.
You said the same thing 4 years ago

Remove this Banner Ad

Back