Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

ConcreteWaters

Club Legend
Aug 12, 2014
Edinburgh
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Swan Districts, Prescot Cables
Thursday was the only day I could get off work, so I bit the bullet and I'm off to Manchester. Will be wearing my eagles scarf in the crowd if it's a classic English summer day and will have my watchafl subscription at the ready if there's any eagles fans about. Haven't been to Test cricket since 2011, can't wait. Give it to 'em Smithy!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seadog

Premiership Player
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
I stand by my opinion that if we were going to drop an opener I'd prefer it was Warner rather than Bancroft. Piss him off now, he was the architect of sandpapergate and should've been let go.

equiv_clearly

Club Legend
Apr 30, 2013
Stockholm
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Wonder what the poorest opening pair in a five match series is? Ours are averaging 11.5 so far in 14 innings...
It's pretty terrible, but really apart from Burns all the openers have failed.

Khawaja has been his usual inconsistent self, but I would have liked to see him open before he was dropped. It's not like we have anyone else.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Into The Black

It's better to burn out than to fade away
Aug 16, 2019
AFL Club
West Coast
Well, we certainly didn't need 6 pacers. Probably Neser. Or do you mean from the starting XI?
I meant squad and you have a fair point regarding 6 pacemen. But it is the bowlers who ultimately decide the match so I can understand the selectors trying to have the right bowler for the conditions. Hence why Siddle was picked. I think they saw Neser as a all rounder .

Top Bottom