Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep....given the circumstances, one of the best test innings I have seen.
Just needed some help from the top order

“Things we’ve been saying for 3yrs”

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
I’ll take 284 given the s**t we’ve dished up at Edgbaston in the past. Was nervous we were going to get rolled for 100 when we sent ourselves in (and we nearly did). But this keeps us in it at least.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
He came in at 2/17 with the ball hooping around and scored over half the teams total and left a ball that was missing the stumps. But yeah he only batted OK.
He was no better than ok at the start of his innings . Like the other batters he played and missed a lot . Best test innings ever is a reach against a depleted bowling attack with a wet out of shape ball . Even Siddle and Lyon were hard to dismiss once the ball was wet out of shape and old . It worked out well and Australia should win this test with Englands best bowler injured .

He was no better than ok at the start of his innings . Like the other batters he played and missed a lot . Best test innings ever is a reach against a depleted bowling attack with a wet out of shape ball . Even Siddle and Lyon were hard to dismiss once the ball was wet out of shape and old . It worked out well and Australia should win this test with Englands best bowler injured .

I think that is a very glass half empty view of his innings.

Doashuey

Premiership Player
Sep 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Who said best innings ever? It was a brilliant innings no doubt but I haven't seen anyone day best . Find me one against a good attack where a batsmen hasn't been beaten early.
You are letting your dislike for Smith cloud your judgement or your judgement is pretty poor.

Nov 15, 2013
Here
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yes
Who said best innings ever? It was a brilliant innings no doubt but I haven't seen anyone day best . Find me one against a good attack where a batsmen hasn't been beaten early.
You are letting your dislike for Smith cloud your judgement or your judgement is pretty poor.
I do dislike him true , he is a good batsman true . Is he the most crucial wicket to get out in test cricket Yes . His averages show how good he is which makes me dislike him more .

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Great Knock but Kusal Perera played the greatest test knock at the start of the year.

Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth
Honestly, the people complaining about Smith makes it even sweeter.

The guy made a huge mistake, absolutely, and he deserved his punishment. But he was hardly the first player to be caught ball-tampering. Marcus Trescothick (who only admitted it after he retired, mind you), Rahul Dravid, Faf du Plessis (twice), and countless others. None of them were banned for a whole year.

What he and Warner and Bancroft did was indisputably wrong, but he served his sentence, and now he's back playing and playing well. If he wasn't, I expect the outcry would be much quieter.

shooshka

Premiership Player
Oct 7, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly, the people complaining about Smith makes it even sweeter.

The guy made a huge mistake, absolutely, and he deserved his punishment. But he was hardly the first player to be caught ball-tampering. Marcus Trescothick (who only admitted it after he retired, mind you), Rahul Dravid, Faf du Plessis (twice), and countless others. None of them were banned for a whole year.

What he and Warner and Bancroft did was indisputably wrong, but he served his sentence, and now he's back playing and playing well. If he wasn't, I expect the outcry would be much quieter.
And the fact that the 2 guys bowling to him (Anderson and broad) are guilty of ball tampering themselves.

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
Great Knock but Kusal Perera played the greatest test knock at the start of the year.
Yo Steve, Imma Let you finish....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back