Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

CRICKET IS COMING HOME, BAYBAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!

That was incredible, and hopefully we can win/draw the final test to cement an away Ashes win.

Surely knighthoods are in line for Smith, Labowlingshane and Cummins. Weirdly enough losing Smith for the third test is the best thing that could have happened to us, because it gave Marnus the chance he needed to step up and now we’ve got the dream team.

Jul 13, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Coast Wonders, West Perth

Last edited:

kerrazy

Premiership Player
Apr 26, 2008
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
As exciting as the series has been, we absolutely dominated against England and they were lucky to be as close as they were throughout.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Afghanistan beating Bangladesh in Bangladesh is huge for cricket.

20 yearold Rahshid Khan captained his first test and picked up 11 wickets and scored a half century as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
I was listening to Fox's AFL tonight Adam Simpson interview and Meadows mentioned that apparently JL was watching the Bombers game on day two, even as Smith was approaching his ton.

Swooooon. Justin has me like mmmhmmm. ❤

bunkyboy

Club Legend
Jan 16, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Yet if Smith had been out cheaply in any of the games we'd be toast. I hope this series win doesn't paper over the diabolical top order failures.

Serious questions over Warner, Harris and to a lesser extent Head. Think Wade gets a pass. Although mitigating this, Nasser Hussain’s analysis (think it was him, can’t find the article) says fast bowler friendly pitches around the world has made it very hard for top order batsmen. I think most at risk is Warner. In 12 months our openers should be out of Harris, Bancroft and Burns. Also highly rate the technique of Kurtis Patterson. Despite his talent, don’t believe Usman Khawaja’s lazy brain-fades are sustainable in test cricket.

omarlittle1

Club Legend
Aug 1, 2010
Sydney
AFL Club
West Coast
Serious questions over Warner, Harris and to a lesser extent Head. Think Wade gets a pass. Although mitigating this, Nasser Hussain’s analysis (think it was him, can’t find the article) says fast bowler friendly pitches around the world has made it very hard for top order batsmen. I think most at risk is Warner. In 12 months our openers should be out of Harris, Bancroft and Burns. Also highly rate the technique of Kurtis Patterson. Despite his talent, don’t believe Usman Khawaja’s lazy brain-fades are sustainable in test cricket.
I'd be keeping an eye on Renshaw too. Still only 23 and has a test match hundred. Just needs to get some form together.

I really like Joe Burns and feel he's been pretty hard done by. I hope he smashes the start of the SS and demands his spot in the Test side.

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast

Think it was Ponting who blamed bowler-friendly pitches. Hussain said that the ODI/T20 mentality of wanting to smash the ball and the associated changes in technique (high backlift, hard hands, no defence, etc.) was becoming a noticeable issue.

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
I've got no problems with fast bowler-friendly pitches being back in vogue. Batsmen had it too good for about 15-20 years there. We just need more Tubby Taylor, Chris Rogers types, less David Warner, Virender Sehwag types opening up. How good has this series been with moderate scores, instead of constant scores of 500+ declared by the team batting first?!

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
My personal opinion is that people need to chill with Warner. The fact that Smith is a genuine freak hasn't helped his cause. He's spent 16 month away from genuine red ball cricket and it's no surprise that he's gonna struggle in a big away series in foreign conditions. Im not saying Warner is bloody elite but he'll start tearing it up again this summer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back