Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty meek performance with a series win on the line. Seems like the original goal was to retain the ashes and it was holiday mode once that happened.

Baffled by Paines decision to bowl 1st.
Huge question marks over our top order.
Middle order looks like there might be some solidity starting to grow around Smith.
Bowling stocks are strong but our bowling strategy seems poorly judged at times.

Plenty of improvement needed to come from this group if they want to be a top test side.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keys can we just make this into a general cricket chat?

Scorchers in a bit of trouble.

Dorff out for the summer and turner injured as well.

SOS/Hilton/NCN all gone as well

Keys can we just make this into a general cricket chat?

Dorff out for the summer and turner injured as well.

SOS/Hilton/NCN all gone as well
Not thrilled with Kurtis Patterson signing, not a T20 player at all. He wouldn't start in my XI, provided we can sign some international bats.

Cameron Bancroft
Sam Whiteman (+)
???
Mitch Marsh
Ashton Turner
???
Ashton Agar - time to step up at 7
Jhye Richardson
Matt Kelly
AJ Tye/Joel Paris
Fawad Ahmed - best T20 spinner in the country; vault me

Hopefully we can lure Faf; read a rumour somewhere that Liam Livingstone (pom) is in line for one of the international slots as well?

Not looking good is it? Couldn't even entice Ryan Phillippe back to the orange.

Not thrilled with Kurtis Patterson signing, not a T20 player at all. He wouldn't start in my XI, provided we can sign some international bats.

Cameron Bancroft
Sam Whiteman (+)
???
Mitch Marsh
Ashton Turner
???
Jhye Richardson
Matt Kelly
AJ Tye/Joel Paris
Yeesh. And you couldn't even fit Kurtis in at 6.

*...didn't realise Dorff is out with a back stress fracture...

We better nail the inernationals... Nek minnut Willey re-signs

Why aren't CA scheduling any ODDs until late October? Surely school holidays are a golden opportunity to attract some attendance. Footy's over, nothing else has started, kids are bored, parents are desperate.

What ever happened wrt to the rumours of Faf signing with the Scorchers? Fell through?
There's only room for one FIGJAM in WA and I;m not sure we can accommodate him and Fyfe in this state.

Cameron Bancroft
Sam Whiteman (+)
???
Mitch Marsh
Ashton Turner
???
Jhye Richardson
Matt Kelly
AJ Tye/Joel Paris

Hopefully we can lure Faf; read a rumour somewhere that Liam Livingstone (pom) is in line for one of the international slots as well?
Yuck on Patterson.

Did the Scorchers hire Scott Clayton or something?

We better nail the inernationals... Nek minnut Willey re-signs
I'm surprised we don't get more Kiwis in the Big Bash.

Munro, Guptil, Neesham, Ferguson, Anderson

None of these guys play tests as far as I'm aware and could be available for parts of the tournament. Would be a great opportunity to expand BBL interest into NZ (possibly a team or two in the future?)

Bonkers innings from Alyssa Healy. 148 runs in 61 balls, 19 fours, 7 sixes.

Highest individual innings score in a T20 by any woman. Equal highest Australian women's T20 innings total.

'Healyarc' need to have children and they must play cricket, no bs 'I just want to eradicate fatal diseases and solve world hunger' excuses.

Seriously though, this Australian women's team is unbelievable and Lanning is Waugh level ruthless. Nearly all the bowlers can bat or vice versa and the batting depth is ridiculous. Perry is a genuine all-rounder freak with great technique, Healy is in the form of her life, Lanning is the best in the world. Bolton, Haynes and Mooney etc. would be top-order batsmen in lesser teams.

It's a great team, easily the best in the world and getting better. I hope Australia gets around them for the T20 World Cup next year because they are playing great cricket.

And really, what's better than winning The Ashes? Winning both sets and a World Cup.

I'm surprised we don't get more Kiwis in the Big Bash.

Munro, Guptil, Neesham, Ferguson, Anderson

None of these guys play tests as far as I'm aware and could be available for parts of the tournament. Would be a great opportunity to expand BBL interest into NZ (possibly a team or two in the future?)
The Kiwis already have their own T20 domestic comp, and I’m fairly sure it or part of it runs concurrently to the BBL, hence the lack of Kiwi players.

The BBL window is really not ideal for attracting decent internationals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back