Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Was thinking it'd be good to have one thread that discusses everything about West Coast guernseys? With the 25th year jumper and debate about changing to a yellow clash, and now this news:

The Bankwest logo will make its debut on the Eagles’ football guernsey at the beginning of 2012.

DSC082522461.jpg

http://www.wce.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/7155/newsid/110907/default.aspx

Last edited:

Gibbsy

Cakewalk
Oct 12, 2009
Geetroit
AFL Club
Collingwood
It's not the Eagles without HJ's on the guernsey :(
Bankwest logo looks tacky there but hopefully they will ditch the white background as you'd expect. I remember there were a few different iterations of it on Freo's guernsey.

That's just a preliminary mock-up. The logo will inevitably change.

hopefully, always hated how we have a white box around our logo's, should just colour it to suit the jumper like we had in the late 90s and how fremantle have their bask sponsors.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
No offence taken, I'm working with MS Paint here.

I think the front logo works best though, with the 'W'. It's the same size as the HJ burger. If they used the whole 'bankwest' logo it would look too small and get lost in my opinion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
I had another go at a new Eagles logo. I'm happier with it than the last one but I'm still not sure about it. I'll see what your fresh eyes see before changing anything.
WCEnulogo.png

WCErebrand2.png

Jun 2, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
GWS
I had another go at a new Eagles logo. I'm happier with it than the last one but I'm still not sure about it. I'll see what your fresh eyes see before changing anything.

My problem with the head being gold is that it looks more like an American eagle than a wedge-tailed eagle. It's OK when it's a heavily-stylised head like our original logo, but the more realistic the face the more I think it loses that aspect of what our name is meant to represent - WA's biggest bird of prey.

LeeARM

Premiership Player
May 11, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
My problem with the head being gold is that it looks more like an American eagle than a wedge-tailed eagle. It's OK when it's a heavily-stylised head like our original logo, but the more realistic the face the more I think it loses that aspect of what our name is meant to represent - WA's biggest bird of prey.

Yeah it's been an issue from the start of developing that one. I don't want to add new colours but I'd still like it to look like a wedged-tail (it may be why ochre was added, even though the current eagle is still very abstract).

Trying my own definitely makes me appreciate the current one a lot more.

Apr 28, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Subiaco — West Ham
Bittersweet about losing HJ's - a pretty tacky, dare I say "bogan"ish brand for a big, "chardonnay-sipping" club (well, according to our freinds down the road). We've also been without them before, they didn't feature on our jumpers during the Ochre period.

But they've featured in all our premiership wins, and as Gibbsy said it's been a partnership like Liverpool had with Carlsberg - easily identifiable, though even the Reds have moved on now.

Oh well, new sponsor leaves a slight opening for a new design?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back