Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Supposed to swap them at half time

Richmond stuffed up last year and only 3 guernseys went on sale due to this, maybe West Coast have stuffed it too if they wore the same guernseys all game
I wouldn't have thought this is the sort of thing you'd want the players having to worry about - changing a jumper at half-time in the GF - just so the club can earn a few extra bucks.

If I was a player and ever got told to hand in my premiership guernsey, I reckon it would have gone missing, sorry.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone know at what time in the match the GF jumpers up for auction were supposedly worn?

I thought it was the first half (aka changed at half time) yet a few players are wearing the same jumpers at the end of the 2nd and the start of the 3rd (exact same dirt marks etc!)

Can you show the pics of this?

upthecoasters

Debutant
Sep 21, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Can you show the pics of this?

IMG_8969.JPG

IMG_8970.JPG

1st pic is Yeo at the end of the 2nd celebrating Shuey's goal... 2nd is at the start of the 3rd.

Shuey has similar mark on number during halftime break - still there in the 3rd. His GF label is also peeling in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.

upthecoasters

Debutant
Sep 21, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Sounds like some questions need to be asked.

I will be pissed if they have F'd this up Richmond style... I don't have an issue getting a spare but not for the price of a match worn!!

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Richmonds were put on sale until people complained about it, questions definitely need to be asked, obviously they will still sell but they need to be clear whether they are PI or MW

makri

Team Captain
Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Richmonds were put on sale until people complained about it, questions definitely need to be asked, obviously they will still sell but they need to be clear whether they are PI or MW
Collingwood's 2010 GF jumpers were on the AFL auction site for a matter of hours until they were all pulled without explanation.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly, don’t care either way. Would pay the same for a PI or MW, personally I’d prefer a clean PI anyway. Don’t reckon the prices paid by eagles collectors would really differ that much between the 2 options.

cammania

Turning It Up.
Nov 18, 2007
G-LONG
AFL Club
West Coast
Honestly, don’t care either way. Would pay the same for a PI or MW, personally I’d prefer a clean PI anyway. Don’t reckon the prices paid by eagles collectors would really differ that much between the 2 options.

I tend to disagree.
I would love a game worn guernsey.
But a player issue if no where near the same.
Now were talking big bucks for a match worn.
A historical guernsey. Would be my crown jewel and I'd hand onto my kids one day and I hope they'd hand onto thier kids.

A player issue with a patch is sweet. No doubt. And would look nice. And wouldnt knock one back.

But i also paid 80 bucks for an away at the club gala auction and wouldn't pay copious amounts or a same amount for a jumper with a patch no matter the prestige around one.

Theoreticaly.
Kennedys sells for 10k.
Youd pay 10k for a kennedy issue???

Heck, lets go a lower 22 player.
Selling at over 2500 dollars youd pay the same for an issue??

I wouldnt

Patterz123

BigFooty Member
Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah i agree, a match worn holds greater significance towards an un-used spare.

The spare Player issue is still a great collectable. But in terms of value, they are totally different.

Has anyone heard anymore?

I haven't researched in great depth yet, but looking at some photos and the frayed stitching around the collars, early signs aren't great.

May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast

The spare Player issue is still a great collectable. But in terms of value, they are totally different.

I haven't researched in great depth yet, but looking at some photos and the frayed stitching around the collars, early signs aren't great.

I haven't heard any more. Are you going to contact the club with your concerns before placing a bid?

Doesn't seem to be much accountability/transparency with this process.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Patterz123

BigFooty Member
Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I haven't heard any more. Are you going to contact the club with your concerns before placing a bid?

Doesn't seem to be much accountability/transparency with this process.

Probably best to wait and see what comes about the next few days.

The players have started doing some signings, so it's possible the club will be handling the GF jumpers soon.

upthecoasters

Debutant
Sep 21, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast

I have asked the merch department to confirm at what stage of the game the players wore the auction jumpers - as I am still hoping it is all a simple explanation. I have not heard anything back but am not surprised considering they are getting smashed with premiership memorabilia orders.

Would take a spare over nothing in a heartbeat of course but nothing beats a match worn covered in dirt that stinks! Particularly when you can watch the game and see your jumper in action. A spare PI has just sat in a cupboard somewhere.

View attachment 567935
View attachment 567936

1st pic is Yeo at the end of the 2nd celebrating Shuey's goal... 2nd is at the start of the 3rd.

Shuey has similar mark on number during halftime break - still there in the 3rd. His GF label is also peeling in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th.
Similar to last year where Brandon Ellis got blue paint on his jumper in the first quarter and played the game out with it.

Hi Lite

Debutant
Apr 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I have had a look at some footage also, trying to spot how early Shuey's GF patch started coming off in the game.

The best I could find is attached from the end of the 1st quarter.

Then, of course the subject descriptions on the auction page, clearly stating it was "MatchWorn during the Grand Final".

Then the last image is from the post match celebrations obviously. Must have stuffed up the heat pressed GF logo twice then eh......

Attachments

• Screenshot_20181006-071525.png
    Screenshot_20181006-071525.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 95
  • Screenshot_20181006-071434.png
    Screenshot_20181006-071434.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 94
  • Screenshot_20181006-071425.png
    Screenshot_20181006-071425.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 105
  • Screenshot_20181006-072456.png
    Screenshot_20181006-072456.png
    602.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 1538230267548_GD21RRIHA.1-1.jpg
    1538230267548_GD21RRIHA.1-1.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Sep 22, 2008
Moama
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I have had a look at some footage also, trying to spot how early Shuey's GF patch started coming off in the game.

The was the best I could find is attached from the end of the 1st quarter.

Then, of course the subject descriptions on the auction page, clearly stating it was "MatchWorn during the Grand Final".

Then the last image is from the post match celebrations obviously. Must have stuffed up the heat pressed GF logo twice then eh......

Noticed Shueys was at $6200 now it’s dropped back to $5700. Has anyone heard back from the club regarding the concerns ?

upthecoasters

Debutant
Sep 21, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Am getting seriously pissed at the process for these GF jumpers -

Username - "1000" currently high bidder on more than 10 jumpers... sounds legit!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back