Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Patterz123

BigFooty Member
Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Glad they are resolving the issue, but overall it's not the greatest outcome.

Correcting the auction and it's details is a good thing, but players only wearing one on the day is a lost opportunity.

Noctorniquet

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2012
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Los Angeles Lakers, Perth Wildcats
The club would have 100% known which were PI only and which ones had been match worn (if even for 1 quarter). Don't see why they wouldn't advertise them initially as PI (well I do $$) regardless PI jumpers will go for a lot. West Coast have never had any issues attracting a premium for any rare or "one off" jumpers.

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
I’m just waiting on that ScoMo GF jumper to go up - put it up next to my photo of Sean Connery signed by Roger Moore.

0C78CE47-19E8-4FCA-813F-97E474D0471F.jpeg

$1,000 reserves on Grand Final spare player issues. LOL.

EDIT: Matchworn - Lecras, Hurn, Lycett, Rioli.

the absolute cheek of it.

StevieJ83

Senior List
Apr 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1 Team
Whats with the concept art? Old school HJS logo on the back. Looks like a mid to late 2000s jumper.

Same as appeared on the cover of The West before the finals but.

mr_meeseeks92

Debutant
Nov 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry changing the subject here, just realised we may/will have our own WAFL side next year. My question is how similar guernsey would we have ? Would the guernsey be slightly different with a sponsor located on the front ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Sorry changing the subject here, just realised we may/will have our own WAFL side next year. My question is how similar guernsey would we have ? Would the guernsey be slightly different with a sponsor located on the front ?

Great question. I guess we wait and see.

I recall a few years back a poster suggesting that if we get a standalone team, they shouldn't wear the wings guernsey, so that when they get picked in the seniors, they have "earned their wings". Good suggestion, whoever that was.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

mr_meeseeks92

Debutant
Nov 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Great question. I guess we wait and see.

I recall a few years back a poster suggesting that if we get a standalone team, they shouldn't wear the wings guernsey, so that when they get picked in the seniors, they have "earned their wings". Good suggestion, whoever that was.

That would be such an amazing concept ! It creates a culture ! And it becomes sentimental. Maybe we would see something similar to our training guernseys if this is the case it also allows our sponsors a clear canvas without having to modify the guernsey.

The Black Fox

Debutant
Aug 16, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
That would be such an amazing concept ! It creates a culture ! And it becomes sentimental. Maybe we would see something similar to our training guernseys if this is the case it also allows our sponsors a clear canvas without having to modify the guernsey.

Agree, should be different from the wings. Adelaide, Collingwood and I'm sure a few other reserves teams differentiate their jumper from the seniors. Definitely creates a sense of achievement and provides something to work towards whilst in the 2s.

Haydos_WCE

Team Captain
Jun 14, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats & Perth Glory
https://www.watoday.com.au/national...st-grand-final-guernseys-20181010-p508u0.html

West Coast could hardly do wrong during its successful 2018 campaign but the club's auction of official Grand Final guernseys of its 22 match-day players hit a major snag on Monday after it was discovered most players didn't wear the items up for bidding.

Most players wear two guernseys during the match and swap at half-time, but one eagle-eyed bidder noticed Elliot Yeo wore the same one either side of the main break and questioned exactly what jumper was up for auction.

Your screenshots are also included in the article, upthecoasters.

Last edited:

hitthepost

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 26, 2010
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Actually pretty neutral
Agree, should be different from the wings. Adelaide, Collingwood and I'm sure a few other reserves teams differentiate their jumper from the seniors. Definitely creates a sense of achievement and provides something to work towards whilst in the 2s.
Technically Adelaide are not allowed to wear hoops in the SANFL but it does also mean they "earn the hoops" with a callup.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Qusetion. Do the coaches always get 2 medals?? I thought since the introduction of the jock Mchale medal, that the coaches don'e get the same medal as the players do?? I only recall seeing photos of simmo on the dias with the JM medal, so when did he get this one??

635876.jpg

Next mystery. There's another photo like this one too, but it's clearly a table with multiple retail home guernseys, with the GF patch pressed on, and they're all signing them. Where will these ones end up?? The memorabilia pieces "seem" to have the HJs logos on them, although all the pics I've seen of them are just mock ups so far. Surely they haven't stuck the GF patch onto SGIO sponsored home retail guernseys for the premiership frame?? That seems like a massive oversight if true. Or maybe they think nobody except us jumper nerds would notice?? I honestly wouldn't buy one for this exact reason, it's not even technically a replica of the premiership guernsey, it's completely wrong!! Am I too outraged over this?

635944.jpg

Last edited:

upthecoasters

Debutant
Sep 21, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Qusetion. Do the coaches always get 2 medals?? I thought since the introduction of the jock Mchale medal, that the coaches don'e get the same medal as the players do?? I only recall seeing photos of simmo on the dias with the JM medal, so when did he get this one??

View attachment 572045

Next mystery. There's another photo like this one too, but it's clearly a table with multiple retail home guernseys, with the GF patch pressed on, and they're all signing them. Where will these ones end up?? The memorabilia pieces "seem" to have the HJs logos on them, although all the pics I've seen of them are just mock ups so far. Surely they haven't stuck the GF patch onto SGIO sponsored home retail guernseys for the premiership frame?? That seems like a massive oversight if true. Or maybe they think nobody except us jumper nerds would notice?? I honestly wouldn't buy one for this exact reason, it's not even technically a replica of the premiership guernsey, it's completely wrong!! Am I too outraged over this?

View attachment 572046

I think they don't even notice the difference (or the issue) to be honest...

Giving them the benefit of the doubt, maybe they did that so they can't be passed off as anything more than memorabilia - Schmo got one that was also a home retail. Hopefully they are just giveaways and prizes for sponsors, community etc

IMG_9026.JPG

The team store website shows both a home and an away used in the mock up of the premiership frame though so not out of the realm of possibility that they may come as a home with a GF patch.

Those premiership frames are a limited edition of 1,000 - Would they even have the legit GF patches given there are 1,000? I thought they were limited in how many they could get for memorabilia? Not only that would they even make the players sign 1,000 of them on the day of the GF as per the pic?

If I paid $1,995 for one and it was a home or a non legit GF patch I would be absolutely filthy lol most normal people wouldn't notice though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back