Discussion The West Coast Eagles Guernsey Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
So there’s a bidder for these GF guernseys that’s currently the high bidder on 15 of the 22! Seems legit to drop around 30-40k on guernseys.

Worry is, I got outbid on one, and then jumped onto another, if these dodgy bids are removed, and I end up winning both, that’ll cost me!!!!

Patterz123

BigFooty Member
Feb 12, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
So there’s a bidder for these GF guernseys that’s currently the high bidder on 15 of the 22! Seems legit to drop around 30-40k on guernseys.

Worry is, I got outbid on one, and then jumped onto another, if these dodgy bids are removed, and I end up winning both, that’ll cost me!!!!

It's the same thing occurring each time. A bidder comes along (a user ID made of numbers) and beats everyone's max bid with just a single bid. To do that, they have to be inputing a large amount, on about 15 seperate auctions.

I don't think we will ever get a clean run at these auctions!

mr_meeseeks92

Debutant
Nov 19, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
Just noticed.....hungry jacks is on front of the guernsey rather than SGIO on our grand final jumpers ! Where as all season it’s been the opposite, Dora’s anyone have any clue as to why that is ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Jul 14, 2014
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool // Ferrari
Just noticed.....hungry jacks is on front of the guernsey rather than SGIO on our grand final jumpers ! Where as all season it’s been the opposite, Dora’s anyone have any clue as to why that is ?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
We always play with the sponsors flipped interstate.

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah they didn’t make retail versions of the away (hungry jacks on the front) royal guernsey. So I’m now assuming that they’ve just whacked the GF patch on the retail home jumpers and they’ll use that. Which is pretty lazy and an oversight IMO

upthecoasters

Debutant
Sep 21, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
Yeah they didn’t make retail versions of the away (hungry jacks on the front) royal guernsey. So I’m now assuming that they’ve just whacked the GF patch on the retail home jumpers and they’ll use that. Which is pretty lazy and an oversight IMO

Yuck

Feb 9, 2012
PERTH
AFL Club
West Coast

Yeah it’s s**t. I assume at te start of the year, or even last year when the new jumpers came out, the absolute last thing on their mind would’ve been, what happens if we win the Gf and wear the away guernsey, and then have to make memorabilia!!

I thought about it as soon as we were a chance to make the GF. Just seems lazy on their part to just use the home guernsey!! They’ve got form though. They made that weird 10th anniversary 2006 premiers piece in 2016, and used the 30th year peril jumper for it!!!

I guess it’s only us nerds who would even notice this sort of thing, but if you’re charging 2k for it, and quoting in the description that it’s a replica GF jumper, at least get the bloody sponsors right!

Haydos_WCE

Team Captain
Jun 14, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Wildcats & Perth Glory

Mike, have you contacted the club? After what happened with the original auction, they would almost certainly investigate.

Oct 20, 2010
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Fremantle
Can confirm that the framed signed guernsey is an SGIO logo on the front.
They have one on display at the West Coast store and its definitely a Home Guernsey on display not an away guernsey

EDIT: Hmm could just be a proof of concept one though, so don't take this as confirmed

Last edited:

jmac91

Perth Bandits Head Coach
Dec 27, 2017
Subiaco Oval
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Bandits
6PR confirmed the Eagles will wear an alternative strip in the WAFL next year, not their AFL guernsey.

As others have said this is great news, means the guys getting a run in the 2's get to earn their wings in the 1's
would love to see these make a return
West-Coast-2000.gif
West-Coast-Away-2000.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

StevieJ83

Senior List
Apr 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1 Team
Thanks for the information, I wasn't aware of that, I just saw some pics of West Perth in ISC gear and assumed they made all their kit.

Anyone else get a phone call saying their Gala away jumper hasn't been signed and won't be available until January?

My voice mail doesn't go into great detail, but basically I was told they were held over in case needed for the GF. Which to me means they should be given to us with a GF patch on.

Last edited:
May 28, 2010
AFL Club
West Coast
Thanks for the information, I wasn't aware of that, I just saw some pics of West Perth in ISC gear and assumed they made all their kit.

Anyone else get a phone saying their Gala away jumper hasn't been signed and won't be available until January?

My voice mail doesn't go into great detail, but basically I was told they were held over in case needed for the GF. Which to me means they should be given to us with a GF patch on.

You should call back and ask for it unsigned.

StevieJ83

Senior List
Apr 26, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Renault F1 Team
I actually can't get through to the person who called me, we've had some serious phone tennis over the past 24 hours. I missed her call by 1 minute this morning after the voice mail and can't get back through to her.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back