Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The USA look pretty formidable 13 -0 v Thailand .Ten goals in the second half was just rude.Arrogant even .Or are we just talking about cricket here.

For some reason, the Random Chat Thread is the soccer chat thread and cricket is segregated. I suspect racism, a lot of non-white powerhouse countries in the cricket world. Some people can't handle that.

For some reason, the Random Chat Thread is the soccer chat thread and cricket is segregated. I suspect racism, a lot of non-white powerhouse countries in the cricket world. Some people can't handle that.
HoneyBadger35 is to blame. We shouldn't have added the clause that POTY winners can segregate any thread they want.

HoneyBadger35 is to blame. We shouldn't have added the clause that POTY winners can segregate any thread they want.
I find it hard to believe that someone who looks like a male Pauline Hanson would be racist.

SirKarl0s

Team Captain
Jun 10, 2018
C-137
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
If Warner + Smith are going to start reclaiming the love of the Aussie public, they need to put on a massive partnership right now.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
The Australian innings reminds me of a typical West Coast game. patches of brilliance but also patches of mediocrity that leaves a bitter taste on the tongue.

Seadog

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 16, 2004
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
West Perth, West Ham
And that's why Maxwell doesn't bat higher up the order more often. Maybe this WC will shut the prictorians up about how badly mistreated he is. As i wrote earlier can't be trusted, continually gets out early playing dumb shots. Av of 32 says it all.

Balls In

Brownlow Medallist
May 25, 2018
AFL Club
West Coast
I really dont get the Australian selectors. Finally make the call to replace Zampa but then to bring in Richardson? Of course he got slapped all over the park. In contrast Bergendorff is the absolute perfect seam bowler to come in and suppport Cummins and Stark by building scoreboard pressure. Otherwise stay with spin and recall Lyon. Richardson makes no sense.

Its also time to make the call on Khawaja. He's an opener or he isnt in the team. Why persist and throw our balance all out? He has no second gear. Smith and Marsh have to come in at at 3 and four, Maxwell at five (or higher if we are off to a flier). MMarsh or Stoinis at six then Carey and a handy wacker in Coulter Nile coming in at eight...

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I really dont get the Australian selectors. Finally make the call to replace Zampa but then to bring in Richardson? Of course he got slapped all over the park. In contrast Bergendorff is the absolute perfect seam bowler to come in and suppport Cummins and Stark by building scoreboard pressure. Otherwise stay with spin and recall Lyon. Richardson makes no sense.

Its also time to make the call on Khawaja. He's an opener or he isnt in the team. Why persist and throw our balance all out? He has no second gear. Smith and Marsh have to come in at at 3 and four, Maxwell at five (or higher if we are off to a flier). MMarsh or Stoinis at six then Carey and a handy wacker in Coulter Nile coming in at eight...
Don't even understand why Kane Richardson went in the first place. Plenty of bowlers who deserved a look before he did. Stanlake, Meredith, Cutting to name a few. I even would've sent Tye before Richardson.

78b194218c5e663115d84a48f03e26f1.gif

You get this wrong one more time and I'm segregating the school.

Back