Banter The WCE Cricket Banter Thread (Ball tampering permitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Gwaihir

Senior List
May 20, 2018
Heartland
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Wizards
Good game, but jeez those commentators were paul roos and gary lyon level.of barracking haha
They certainly were. Not sure Michael Slater will fare any better if we are looking likely tomorrow. The replay of the 2003 final during last nights washout was a reminder of just how much Richie is missed.

Still out though isn't it?

You can still be run out off a no ball yeah, but just means India didn't get a free hit.

Given the way the other batsmen played after it just looks academic and wouldn't have made a difference

Truckosaurus

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 19, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
The argument is that Dhoni wouldn't have tried for the second if it was called a no ball, which isn't much of an argument. Either it would have been picked up before the ball was bowled, and Williamson would have been warned by the umpires, or it would have been picked up by the third umpire after the ball was dead, with Dhoni already out and none the wiser.

Indian fans and cricket.

Ne'er a saltier bunch of losers was found

tenor.gif

Apr 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
The argument is that Dhoni wouldn't have tried for the second if it was called a no ball, which isn't much of an argument. Either it would have been picked up before the ball was bowled, and Williamson would have been warned by the umpires, or it would have been picked up by the third umpire after the ball was dead, with Dhoni already out and none the wiser.
Imagine coming in after Dhoni is run out off a no-ball, and the first ball you face is a free hit. It's just like backyard cricket - 'Can't be out off the first ball'. LOL

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
David Warner is currently sitting on 638 runs and is very well placed to overtake Tendulkar's record of 673 runs in a single world cup. Even if we lose tonight, he should make it.

I've never been a Warner fan, but I'm warming. I hope the bearded brawler makes it, at Edgbaston, to the chorus of boos. How delicious that would be.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
Indian fans fuming as they think NZ had too many players out of the circle on the Guptil run out
Just like their fans to bring up some bizarre reasoning as to why they lost. Nevermind the fact they were 6/92 and realistically never in it from that point. Never their players fault. How about looking at why the majority of your players never stand up in big games.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
Just like their fans to bring up some bizarre reasoning as to why they lost. Nevermind the fact they were 6/92 and realistically never in it from that point. Never their players fault. How about looking at why the majority of your players never stand up in big games.

Indian fans at the World Cup are the worst. Cashed up cricket nuffies there for a party, not the cricket. Like seriously, the incessant Dhoni cheering yesterday, when he was slaughtering India's chances, was ridiculous in contrast to the tepid reaction for Jadeja who was putting in a superhuman effort to drag his country over the line.

In other games, they were practically cheering Rohit's dismissal so that Virat could bat. Sharma is a glorious batsman to watch and was in imperious form throughout the tournament, it was distasteful.

Reminds me of a GF corporate crowd. The real Indian cricket tragics were locked out.

Mar 21, 2017
Perf
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Arsenal, Scorchers, Scuderia Ferrari
I don’t even care if we don’t win the World Cup. I just don’t want England to.

Honestly I think I’d be just as happy to see New Zealand beat them as I would if we won it, just to see all the arrogant English commentators make a tit of themselves.

Ishmael_

Premiership Player
Apr 30, 2013
Six Thousand
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
South Fremantle
David Warner is currently sitting on 638 runs and is very well placed to overtake Tendulkar's record of 673 runs in a single world cup. Even if we lose tonight, he should make it.

I've never been a Warner fan, but I'm warming. I hope the bearded brawler makes it, at Edgbaston, to the chorus of boos. How delicious that would be.

This did not age well. :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Back