Autopsy The we’re on the right path

Remove this Banner Ad

How will fare in 2019. This is difficult to predict improvers outside 8 likely Bombers, Dogs and Lions. How much we improve depends on a lot factors, recruiting, development, injuries, the draw, goal kicking accuracy, winning the close ones.

If we get the above pretty right we are a realistic finals contender.

Going on Collingwood this year, you would think our draw should be considerably easier.

I'd hope we don't have so many Etihad games in the first half of the year as I reckon that contributed to a lot of our foot injuries

I’m not saying the umpires personally, but everything at key moments just seems to be going your way right now whether it was us hitting the post or whatever.

We lost that game but that good luck won’t last forever.
Good luck , what in terms of 10-20 free kick count :huh: dogs were plucky as you’d expect for last game before spring break, some promising signs ahead

Richmond's one wood is intensity. With nothing to play for and everything to lose in terms of finals - there was a bit of bruise free footy from them at times. Understandable but probably made us look better than we are.

Nice signs though.

Usually watch from the flanks and wings. Sat behind the goals yesterday and our fwd line was incredibly static at times. Only Schache, Gowers and Greene looked natural fwds IMO. If Schache can lift his aggression and attack on man and ball he could be a very good player. Has the skills.

Lynch did some nice things and has a leg on him.

Some of the kicking fwd is horrendous.

Naughton is brilliant aerially and chopped up the Coleman medalist a few times. Incredible from a first yr really. His ground ball work and kicking obviously need work but we have a player.

Daniel thrived without intense pressure. And if we could use him to get another marking fwd like McGovern, I'd do it. CD has played well the last few weeks but has been ordinary for most of the last couple of yrs. Happy to hang on to him if he can maintain the last months form. Happy to move him on if he serves up his earlier season form.

Easton Wood looked good. Hope he can stay fit.

Dunkley is a beast but his kicking is Dahlhaus-esque.

Credit to Bont, looked stiff as a board and far from moving freely but still played well.

Macrae is a gun. Possibly top 20 in comp IMO.

Trengove looks a very competitive ruck option and its no coincidence we have looked better since he moved there.

Crozier looks a special pick up. Just a really neat no fuss player. Like his work.

Good signs from the pups on the whole. And credit to our now departed list crew - Ed, Schache, Naughton, Trengove and Crozier look like good pickups.

Hopefully we clear out some dead and/or perpetually injured wood this off season and bring in some quality.

Marking/leading/natural fwds, sm finishing/pressure fwds and some mid silk please.

Richmond supporters are arrogant pricks. So much talk of "coasting" and "nothing being at stake" as to why the game was close. What was at stake for us? A worse draft pick if we win. And the talk of self-preservation. Give me a break. I guarantee none of our players were keen on copping serious injuries in a game with zero stakes either. If anything the Richmond players should have had more incentive to do well to maintain their spots in the side for finals.
Richmond players arrogant pricks. Captain interviewed after game and chuckled that he felt sorry for the young Bulldog trying to win the game at the end with 50,000 Tiges supporters jeering him. I mean please. You weren't playing the little league - no need to sound like you were just toying with a few kids. No respect. Hope that attitude trips you up in finals.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

• No doubt he has been our best player this year, and by a fair margin, but do you think by missing four games it doesn't make the B&F a one horse race? It wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if Hunter won it.
Yes, I guess that's possible depending how the voting works.
It would be a travesty though ... and that's no disrespect to Hunter who had a very good season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think he was just optimistic that the post was going to be one of the greatest posts ever
But "h" is such an ordinary letter of the alphabet. What was he thinking? I'm particularly fond of "q". So exotic. Or even "x". So mysterious.

GreatSouthWest appreciates the fact that Optimistic Dog is a man of few letter.

whoops did not know this was posted thought it was deleted, well lets say H is the word (not grease)

H is- Hope 2019 is a cracker of a season
H is - Huge love for Bevo
H is - Holding the Cup 2019
H is Hate Damien Barrett

That is about the best I can up with.

whoops did not know this was posted thought it was deleted, well lets say H is the word (not grease)

H is Hate Damien Barrett

I'm sorry. I do not believe you. The "h" was some secret code, wasn't it? I shall refer your original post to the Conspiracies, Mysteries and The Paranormal Board. I'm sure that those great minds will be able to figure out the truth of its meaning. Or maybe not.

H is Hate Damien Barrett

Remember, it's aitch, not haitch

But "h" is such an ordinary letter of the alphabet. What was he thinking? I'm particularly fond of "q". So exotic. Or even "x". So mysterious.

Actually, in an information-theoretic sense “h” is a far more mysterious letter than either “q” or “x”. Optimistic Dog was clearly aiming for maximum entropy.

Actually, in an information-theoretic sense “h” is a far more mysterious letter than either “q” or “x”. Optimistic Dog was clearly aiming for maximum entropy.
You're one of those conspiracy theorists aren't you? They always use fancy words to confuse the common folk.

entropy
ˈɛntrəpi/
noun
  1. 1.
    PHYSICS
    a thermodynamic quantity representing the unavailability of a system's thermal energy for conversion into mechanical work, often interpreted as the degree of disorder or randomness in the system.
    "the second law of thermodynamics says that entropy always increases with time"
  2. 2.
    lack of order or predictability; gradual decline into disorder.
    "a marketplace where entropy reigns supreme"

My money is on Optimistic Dog going for the second meaning. Just a hunch

I always enjoyed "o". Has no discernible beginning or end but is self evidently complete. O yeah
Put some z's together and it sums up what this thread has become...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back