Analysis THE "WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN SPP" TEARS THREAD

SPP or DV, there can be only one Dustin Martin

• SPP - Has more campaigner than he knows what to do with

Votes: 71 32.9%
  • DV - Plays like Luke Shuey mixed with Michael Gardiner.

Votes: 77 35.6%
  • Jack Watts is the one true king.

Votes: 68 31.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Come on down to discuss all things Dustin Martin.

Seems like this conversation is going to keep coming up in every single ******* thread i go into, so we might as well at least have the discussion in it's own thread if it's going to be popping up each week.

SPP Round 1 vs Sydney
19 disposals, 3 marks, 2 tackles, 3 fend off's, 2 goals 1

Round 2 vs Fremantle
25 disposals, 4 marks, 1 tackle, 6 fend off's, 1 goal, made Fyfe cry twice :heavycheck:

498333.jpg

FatPizza

Premiership Player
May 25, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool
Best thing you've done here for a while Dark Sharks. Was making me stay away a bit as I was sick of discussion heading down this path all the time. Probably the only post I'll make in this thread too.

Genesis67

Premiership Player
Jun 6, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Yankees, N'Orleans Saints, Arsenal
I have a strong suspicion he'll turn out like Rhys Palmer. A couple of blinder years, then the flaws in his game start to get found out and feasted on.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
I'm happy to back in our recruiting staff, DV has only played 4 limited games after missing nearly a year with a foot injury. I'm glad SPP is doing well, but its only 2 rounds in to what should be 10+ year careers. It's way too early to tell who the better pick will be.

bl4ke

Premiership Player
Nov 17, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Leeds United
Not to mention DV also broke his leg ~2 years ago. Has the talent, just needs a clear run at it.

CM9000

BigFooty Optimist
Aug 19, 2016
Perth, WA
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
East Fremantle
First it was Mitch McGovern, and now this.

He was already in our system, his only flaw (kicking) would improve immensely once he was at an AFL club (as it already has), and he could have an impact from round 1.

Maybe I'm being unfair to DV, but ignoring the obvious choice in the draft is getting a bit ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 8, 2009
AFL Club
West Coast
Two games in stouches with Fyfe stirring up S Hill and L Neale .

Enjoying his time at AFL level .

Maybe we can have both one day , Venables looks very handy at pick 13 .

wraglesweb

Premiership Player
Jul 30, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Would have to trade Paddy Ryder aswell SPP is already calling him his brother .....

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
After what they did to us with Ebert, they owe us one and should take jack redden for him now.

Schoey, Butts and Shue were absolutely singing Venners' praises on their podcast last week. Reckon he's a dead ringer for Shuey, to the point that they were wondering if Shuey's dad might havedone a bit of wandering on his postman route 19 years ago.

If we've got another Shuey then I'll be pretty happy with the pick.

avishka5

150 game legend.
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Zombie Lover
Sep 1, 2014
Perth SOR
AFL Club
West Coast
Schoey, Butts and Shue were absolutely singing Venners' praises on their podcast last week. Reckon he's a dead ringer for Shuey, to the point that they were wondering if Shuey's dad might havedone a bit of wandering on his postman route 19 years ago.

If we've got another Shuey then I'll be pretty happy with the pick.
What did boots say?

Back