Analysis THE "WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN SPP" TEARS THREAD

SPP or DV, there can be only one Dustin Martin

• SPP - Has more campaigner than he knows what to do with

Votes: 71 32.9%
  • DV - Plays like Luke Shuey mixed with Michael Gardiner.

Votes: 77 35.6%
  • Jack Watts is the one true king.

Votes: 68 31.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

People still talking about the incident with the young woman. Yes it was stupid no woman should put up with that. But he has copped his punishment and has to live with the shame for the rest of his life. I also hope that the lady can move on with no mental scars.
It is childish to attack his character over one very stupid decision. He is a young man who made a mistake.

To this point SPP has done far more than Venables. I’m not convinced that Venables will become a midfielder. Through his junior career he was always a forward. Take the blinkers off, Venables struggles to find the ball. And hasn’t done much.

I’ll back Venables in to become a good player, and the same for SPP. There’s no need for the character assassinations because of one stupid decision.

I remember plenty of posters in years gone by that said Yeo didn't have what it takes to play midfield, yet here we are.
Puts hand up.

I never thought you could make him a ft mid.

He doesnt have the footy smarts a guy like smitchell has - but then again smitchell cant run, jump or bully like yeo can.

And smitchell has been in his ear about positioning and general footy nouse sort of stuff.

Im genuinely shitting myself that when sam leaves yeo will drop off a bit - really need to look at another footy smart mid to replace him.

Who is out there with the right mind (and arrogance - must be V.V arrogant)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spp had a pretty poor year this year. Venners been getting better, he is still under 10 games but getting s**t for 5 to 6 kicks a game. Wait until 30 games before commenting on that sort of thing.

Spp had a pretty poor year this year. Venners been getting better, he is still under 10 games but getting s**t for 5 to 6 kicks a game. Wait until 30 games before commenting on that sort of thing.
Sometimes when players begin, you see special things...

Deft little touches
Darting through traffic
Desire
Assessing options

Just little flashes here and there every game...but no barnstorming dominating games.

He has this. I'm quietly confident we have a player.
The flashes i see, reminds me of someone. And it's not Shuey.

They basically have the same DE. 69% vs 65%.

Didn't see todays game. I'm sure the 4 kicks were sublime.
SPP is 6th for clangers.

I was one of the rare SPP sceptics pre-draft and was pumped when we took Venables, though I was a fan of Florent, Simpkin and Galucci and thought we landed in an ok block of players. Missed a couple, but got a good one.

You can dig back through the pre-draft threads, my opinions haven't changed too much. SPP is a stoppage bull, who doesn't win a heap of ball, can kick a big goal but is shocking by foot. He sort of improved his ball winning, but his disposal is a liability.

Venables will build and will be an impact mid who will play at a very high standard when fit, however I see him more as a Caddy than purely Shuey.

40/60 mid to forward, strong, great contested mark, can kick a goal, mean tackle and nice stoppage game.

Back