Analysis THE "WE SHOULD HAVE TAKEN SPP" TEARS THREAD

SPP or DV, there can be only one Dustin Martin

• SPP - Has more campaigner than he knows what to do with

Votes: 71 32.9%
  • DV - Plays like Luke Shuey mixed with Michael Gardiner.

Votes: 77 35.6%
  • Jack Watts is the one true king.

Votes: 68 31.5%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Passing on him was all part of the plan:p Develop venables for 2 years, Ebert the heck out of port at the end of next year for SPP, and they can both dominate for the next 10 years :tearsofjoy: Shuey, Venables, SPP. The new Judd, Cousins Kerr:tonguewink:

giphy.gif

Here we go. This thread will now exist until spp or venables retires or gets delisted.

As it stands now spp spends around a quarter of his time on the field making sure his comb over is in the right place.
He is playing awesomely so can afford to make this concession to vanity but what happens when he goes into full KB mode and has to spend 3 quarters of the game keeping the 3 strands in place? Is he good enough?
Now I know what your thinking he could just go the full telly savalas but will he? Is that a risk our club is willing to take to get him back to our club?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Interesting that Port specifically traded to get an extra first round pick to get both Marshall and SPP

Makes you wonder whether we should have attempted something similar if we rated both Venables and SPP (which we know Brad Smith did)

Juries out till round 6 or 7 for me, sure he has looked good for the first two games but many players have shown signs early and faded.

The small WAFL highlights clip for Venables on the Eagles website looks really good (I know that's the whole point of them...). He just seems to be very sure of himself.

Juries out till round 6 or 7 for me, sure he has looked good for the first two games but many players have shown signs early and faded.

I don't want to pump him up but SPP JLT games were very promising as well ..
Meanwhile Venga pick does look awesome smooth mover and able to see the game unfolding and I'm looking fwd to watching him play ..

The small WAFL highlights clip for Venables on the Eagles website looks really good (I know that's the whole point of them...). He just seems to be very sure of himself.
Yes, highlights. It'd be nice to see the foibles of some of the young blokes as well so that less level headed fans don't build him up to messiah status before his first AFL kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks to assess the situation in full and then quickly and efficiently gets into the best position to either dispose cleanly, break a tackle effectively, etc.

Probably doesn't make sense. But he just seems to look like a natural AFL level player.

Big question marks really are whether he can get enough of the footy and whether his body is durable enough.

If he ticks them both then he'll be a quality player.

Interesting that Port specifically traded to get an extra first round pick to get both Marshall and SPP

Makes you wonder whether we should have attempted something similar if we rated both Venables and SPP (which we know Brad Smith did)
I'm sure we tried hard to do this but we had very little currency. However I do find it astonishing how we seem to be missing out on getable local talent lately. Menagola and spp are two obvious ones.

I'm sure we tried hard to do this but we had very little currency. However I do find it astonishing how we seem to be missing out on getable local talent lately. Menagola and spp are two obvious ones.
I think Charlie Cameron would've been awesome for us too

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Patrick Cripps pick 13 V Sheed pick 11 thats all ..

Could be, but he's still under an injury cloud while SPP wasn't. Still a bit of overthinking that is prone to scouts IMHO.

Projecting forward is always tricky but thats part of the gig. Venables base skill set was rated higher than Sam's. With the move towards disposal quality its not hard to see why that decision was made.

What about Gallucci tho

Menagola? The guy that's played 8 games in 7 years?

Back