Random The weekly list - Movie Portrayls of real people

Remove this Banner Ad

Love cheese but I'm not too adventurous, I won't eat anything smelly or with veins.
I eat lots of pasta, so have lots of parmesan. (Not the powdered rubbish)
And when I make a cheese sauce I only use parmy, it's real tasty!

And a nice bitey tasty cheese also gets consumed a lot.
My favourite at the moment is Great Ocean Road Vintage Cheddar, which Coles has.
Even better melted!

Also, couldn't not post this.

Blessed be the cheese makers.

Blessed be the cheese makers.

pPNXZ7O.jpg

Cheese, eh? Let me introduce you to Chechil:

Chechil_06.jpg

What is Chechil, you ask? Chechil is love my friends, Chechil is life.

Chechil is also a pulled cheese, pickled in saltwater, woven into braids and smoked. It's ******* spectacular - salty, smoky, chewy, like good pretzels or jerky but made of cheese, and filling the same niche. Slowly dismantling a braid while knocking back a few beers is heaven. Coincidentally, it's also the only cheese that can survive the trip to Mongolia, where we discovered it, but it originates in Armenia and is huge throughout the Caucasus, Russia and into parts of Eastern Europe.

Cheese, eh? Let me introduce you to Chechil:

Chechil_06.jpg

What is Chechil, you ask? Chechil is love my friends, Chechil is life.

Chechil is also a pulled cheese, pickled in saltwater, woven into braids and smoked. It's ******* spectacular - salty, smoky, chewy, like good pretzels or jerky but made of cheese, and filling the same niche. Slowly dismantling a braid while knocking back a few beers is heaven. Coincidentally, it's also the only cheese that can survive the trip to Mongolia, where we discovered it, but it originates in Armenia and is huge throughout the Caucasus, Russia and into parts of Eastern Europe.

My goodness, it's now obvious that I've never truly lived

I am not going to lie to you, I googled the hell out of that trying to see if there is anywhere in Melbourne to get it.
Is there?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nuff cheese.

now we go back to the cinema - top 5 movie portrayals of a real life character. I love it when you watch a movie of an actor playing real life person, and you come away convinced that it was them, you see the really person days later and they look like the fake.. like in narcos, that bloke IS Pablo Escobar to me now...

anyhow, here goes.

Respect points to Colin firth for the kings speech, not so much the acting, but the portrayal of the final speech, I had his version, then the actual version on you tube - its a great likeness!

Joaquin Pohenix - Johnny cash, walk the line.

upload_2017-9-18_9-4-39.jpeg upload_2017-9-18_9-4-58.jpeg

Was never a huge cash fan to be honest, but this movie won me over - I was enthralled - Witherspoon played a great role also. I think phoenix sang and played all the music himself too. If I ever go onto youtube and watch the clip for hurt now by cash I get a bit emotional..like I been cutting onions. Can see a man full of regrets... the story that the movie tells.

Val Kilmer - Jim Morrison, the doors

upload_2017-9-18_9-6-3.jpeg upload_2017-9-18_9-6-29.jpeg

Loved this movie as a young'un as I was finding out about the doors at the same time on dads record player. Again I think kilmer did all the singing himself, and apparently he had to go into therapy after the film to exit character. the likeness is frightening!

Forest Whitacker - idi amin - last king of Scotland

upload_2017-9-18_9-7-54.jpeg

funnily enough, I saw this movie on a bus while travelling, there were families and kids there... I started watching and got hooked, he was mesmorising, even with the bung eye I thought he was amin! There was the foreboding fear of what he was capable off - but the eye kind of made him more maniacal - in a chilling way - needless to say the ending had the bus parents covering their kids eyes. Great movie.

Jim Carrey - andy kaufmann - man on the moon

upload_2017-9-18_9-10-14.jpeg

He came a long way from his slapstick past but Carrey nailed this one.

Michael sheen - tony blair - the queen and others...

upload_2017-9-18_9-11-29.jpeg

Feels like sheen has just become an impersonator he does them so often! I know the queen (Mirren) was supposed to steal the show but I like Blair as much. He also does a good Brian clough the legendary football manager in a film called the damned united.

special mentions to Bruno Ganz playing hitler...but mainly for the memes

upload_2017-9-18_9-13-34.jpeg

such an intense portrayal!

anyone got any?

smith was pretty good as ali

7f5a82c4c806e83a9eebe4f40d57426f-650-80.jpg

Julia Roberts as Brokovich

8cf5226d38dd83b50a13e989265a06a0-650-80.jpg

she had to learn to write left handed to get into character.. not bad!

foxx as ray Charles

74bf227da5a2c664ec704a05658149c2-650-80.jpg

bana as uncle chop chop

2739d401f1f2100e7470b63a199162e2-650-80.jpg

hows in the extras, he spends a week with chopper in tassie - egging him on to get the good stories..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back