Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Socceroos, Melbourne Victory
Long time listener, first time caller?

A bit nervous about taking your first tentative steps into the maelstrom that is BigFooty?

That's all cool, we were all newbies once, we know what it's like.

Why not introduce yourself by letting us know a little about yourself.

Here's some questions to help you!:

1) How did you come to be a Pies fan?
2) How old were you when you went to/watched your first game?
3) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?
4) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?

Oh and last, but definitely not least, welcome to the Collingwood forum on BigFooty :thumbsu:

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
SApies Ocram69 as the newest Pies posters on our little slice of the internet, it's time to step up and get this thread off with a bang. Welcome to BigFooty!

BTW, not everyone gets two welcomes from me SApies :p

SApies

Club Legend
Feb 21, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool
SApies Ocram69 as the newest Pies posters on our little slice of the internet, it's time to step up and get this thread off with a bang. Welcome to BigFooty!

BTW, not everyone gets two welcomes from me SApies :p

Haha thanks mate, privileged!

Well been reading for the forum in the off season and thought I'd just join and add my 2 cents worth!

1. Pies of course!
2. At the moment would say pendels
Of all time hard to decide but didak in his prime was exciting!
3. 2010 flag for me, only flag I've been around for!
4. My old man is a pies man so grew up with black and white

Also my claim to fame!
Big Brodie Grundy in high school was about to get rolled by a group of 4 or 5 Italian boys until I smoothed things over. So I'm basically saying I'm the reason why he's playing AFL!
Haha on a serious note though looking forward to a big year from the younger pies!

Cheers!

DThomas

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 10, 2006
The Third Stone from the Sun
AFL Club
Collingwood
Great idea for a thread! Welcome all newbies!:):thumbsu:

And don't forget...
I_1462a5_2309294.jpg

Just kidding of course!:p

Seeds40

Debutant
Mar 11, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey guys, my name is Daniel, but my username is obviously seeds40

Who do you barrack for? Collingwood all the way!
Who's your favourite Collingwood player? I have 2 and they are Seedsman and Sidebottom
What is your favourite Collingwood moment? when i saw us hold up the 2010 cup!
How did you come to be a Pies fan? From the day i was born, runs in the family

glad to be here guys, i love talking footy and talking about Collingwood!

ratherdan

Rookie
Mar 6, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.

Who's your favourite Collingwood player? I have 2 and they are Seedsman and Sidebottom

Welcome mate!! Perfect time to join up.

The details of my life are quite inconsequential... very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink. He would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Sometimes he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy. The sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical. Summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds- pretty standard really. At the age of twelve I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum... it's breathtaking- I highly suggest you try it.
You were too young to be banned.

Welcome to the board mate! Just in time for the 2014 season!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TheBigReg

Draftee
Oct 14, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey Guys,

First time, long time.

In response to your questions Quicky:

1. Pies of course
2. Would have to be beamsy
3. Too many to single out one
4. First game as a kid was pies v tigers. not a fan of yellow so went with the pies. smartest decision i ever made.

Looking forward to season 2014 and getting involved with the big footy crew.

Go Pies

Hey Guys,

First time, long time.

In response to your questions Quicky:

1. Pies of course
2. Would have to be beamsy
3. Too many to single out one
4. First game as a kid was pies v tigers. not a fan of yellow so went with the pies. smartest decision i ever made.

Looking forward to season 2014 and getting involved with the big footy crew.

Go Pies
Welcome Big Reg!

noideaatall

Premiership Player
May 14, 2011
home, sth of hobart
AFL Club
Collingwood

Any chance of your mother's phone number? I'm partial to webbed feet.

Welcome to all newcomers. My advice is avoid the game day thread during the match. Otherwise all is sane and reasonable here.

May 27, 2008
Wherever I May Roam
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Any chance of your mother's phone number? I'm partial to webbed feet.

Welcome to all newcomers. My advice is avoid the game day thread during the match. Otherwise all is sane and reasonable here.

This is the kind of advice only a BigFooty veteran could provide. Far too much emotion in a gameday thread. Kind of like at a game. We all shout and scream stuff we wished we hadn't (oh who's joking it's all passion anyway!). My advice, what is said during game time should stay there. Kind of like what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas.

P.S. Welcome to the fray TheBigReg!

RuFiO

Norm Smith Medallist
May 9, 2006
Neverland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
\m/ Babymetal \m/ New York Rangers
Only venture into the gameday thread when Tradedraft is posting in there.
He's the only one that manages to keep his cool out of everyone on here.

piedpiper32

All Australian
Nov 24, 2013
Beijing
AFL Club
Collingwood
Ahh Game Day Threads - where cute, fuzzy posters turn into raging Gremlins.

I'm still recovering from having my thread cherry popped and that was NAB game 1 :confused:

So Newbies, don't feel pressured or rush into it. Take it slowly.:p

You won't get the real experience of the Collingwood Bigfooty board until you see me post a players name with more than 10 exclamation marks.

Long time listener, first time caller?

A bit nervous about taking your first tentative steps into the maelstrom that is BigFooty?

That's all cool, we were all newbies once, we know what it's like.

Why not introduce yourself by letting us know a little about yourself.

Here's some questions to help you!:

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer)

Collingwood!

2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?

Love 'em all. Beamsy is a favorite.

3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?

2010 Grand Final Replay.

It fulfilled a childhood dream.

Back in 1977 I was watching the Grand Final versus North Melbourne on a black and white TV and thought "Gee, wouldn't it be great to be at a Grand Final live so I could tell the two teams apart!!"

4) How did you come to be a Pies fan?

Back in 1976 I was a little tacker. I heard Collingwood "won" the wooden spoon. Winning is good, right? I wanted to be a winner and follow a winning team! I've been on the bandwagon ever since :D

Oh and last, but definitely not least, welcome to the Collingwood forum on BigFooty :thumbsu:

Thanks Quicky :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back