Mega Thread The Welcome Thread - If you're new (or old) to BigFooty introduce yourself here

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey everyone!
Collingwood supporter, member, and fan of Big Footy forums... Finally joined in.
Looking forward to what I think is a season the Pies can squeeze back into the 8.
Welcome Fonetiks

Great to have you onboard. I agree and no doubt most will also in here, we are finals bound this season!

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hey everyone!
Collingwood supporter, member, and fan of Big Footy forums... Finally joined in.
Looking forward to what I think is a season the Pies can squeeze back into the 8.
Welcome fonetiks
You will like it here.
We are generally sensible, or is that generally not.....

PasstheBucks

Rookie
May 4, 2012
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi everyone. I've been a member for a while now, but have mostly been a lurker.

2016 I have decide is the year when I make some changes to my life, So a good time to get more involved.

1) very passionate Collingwood supporter my entire life
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player? Past: Peter Daicos. Present:Swanny
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment? 1990 & 2010 Premierships
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan? My Dad's best mate and his wife bled Collingwood, and I was drawn to that passion. I'm somewhat the black sheep of the Family as they are all St Kilda! LOL

I'm a 46 Male, and I live in Point Cook with my partner of 4 years and my 2 dogs. My partner is a Bombers fan, but he's a good man despite that. Needless to say, Anzac Day is an interesting day in our household

Saintly Viewed

30k Posts 10k Posts Collingwood - Tyler Brown Player Sponsor 2020 Collingwood Magpies - Brayden Sier 2019 Player Sponsor Collingwood - Jaidyn Stephenson Player Sponsor 2018 Collingwood Board Goal Kicking Tip Comp Collingwood - Matthew Scharenberg Player Sponsor 2017 Shiny Penny
Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
It is the same as French kissing but Down Under :p
What's Franck kissing :p
What's down under :p
Can't make the connection :p
Is it a ruud hulet :D

What's Franck kissingWhat's down underCan't make the connectionIs it a ruud hulet :D
Wow. That was so last season :) I was Picanoob back then.
And come to a game so we can have beers afterwards. Or come up with a reason to have beers anyway :)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Do we have an 'ask the mods' thread? I want to ask about their personal lives, and do they have to read everything everyone writes, and how they do it and live a life, and all that.... sort of stuff ....! How demanding is the life of a mod?

I am not so much new as reinvented. My signature shows the passage taken by my username. My favourites are this name and 'MyManDawes', a player in the right form, in the right place at an opportune time - in 2010. Like my beloved Gatsby, Dawes is not a Collingwood player, and it's there the similarities between the two men end.

The avatar drew me back to this username. PieEyed took my original avatar and improved the photoshopping. I asked him if it was OK to use this Grundy work. Many thanks because the avatar becomes a statement in itself. I had forgotten the feeble life-force afforded me by my former username's, magpie-head avatar. This identity is comfortable. :)
I just realised the Gatsby / Grundy connection.
Fantastic book.
Great reading, hope your new Gatsby apartment is great

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Wow. That was so last season :) I was Picanoob back then.
And come to a game so we can have beers afterwards. Or come up with a reason to have beers anyway :)
Jmac would love you for that logic.
Beer!
I still haven't got over, I was just a kid, when Holland hit the post late in the 1978 World Cup final v Argentina in Argentina. No goal, then came extra time, we ignore that part of the game.

Jmac would love you for that logic.
Beer!
I still haven't got over, I was just a kid, when Holland hit the post late in the 1978 World Cup final v Argentina in Argentina. No goal, then came extra time, we ignore that part of the game.
'74 against Germany hurt us most. Still does.A good enough topic for a beer ;)

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
'74 against Germany hurt us most. Still does.A good enough topic for a beer ;)
Germany has a way of knocking off the great super team in the World Cup final. Hungary in the battle of Berne in 1954, then 1974 against total football.
Hungary basically unbeaten for years except the final, and Holland was total football and list in the final.
By the way love the Dutch shirts the all orange, but with white shorts, looks great.
Prost

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Gayfer_Pants

Rookie
Feb 26, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi, I'm Gayfer_Pants. I wasn't born into a football family. Became a Pies fan in the mid-80s when I was taught at primary school in the mid-80s by Russell Dickson (back when footy players had other jobs!).

Darren Millane and Micky McGuane were my favourite players as a kid - I cried buckets when I heard on the car radio that Pants had died (still remember where it was - Alexandra Parade, turning left into Wellington Street). Later on I loved watching Scotty Burns play.

Favourite Collingwood memory remains the 2010 prelim against Geelong, with the chant echoed around the ground in the third quarter. It was the loudest I've ever heard it be at the footy.

I'm really optimistic about 2016, though I'm the first the admit that my eternal optimism is often misplaced. Still, I prefer looking at the glass half full.

Saintly Viewed

Aug 10, 2015
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi, I'm Gayfer_Pants. I wasn't born into a football family. Became a Pies fan in the mid-80s when I was taught at primary school in the mid-80s by Russell Dickson (back when footy players had other jobs!).

Darren Millane and Micky McGuane were my favourite players as a kid - I cried buckets when I heard on the car radio that Pants had died (still remember where it was - Alexandra Parade, turning left into Wellington Street). Later on I loved watching Scotty Burns play.

Favourite Collingwood memory remains the 2010 prelim against Geelong, with the chant echoed around the ground in the third quarter. It was the loudest I've ever heard it be at the footy.

I'm really optimistic about 2016, though I'm the first the admit that my eternal optimism is often misplaced. Still, I prefer looking at the glass half full.
Welcome gayfer pants.
Interesting name and avatar.
Mick gayfer was a perfect example of how much you can get out of yourself even if not fully blessed by natural talent.
Welcome

Sep 20, 2004
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood
Ten-year Big Footy member, have the trophies to back that up, but have just written my first post on Big Footy today, though.

I have frequently visited, to see what people are saying here, but have only just jumped in to make that first post today.

It has been one helluva journey, but that happens. Have been an active member of Nicks’s, two Facebook Pages/Groups, the last being We Bleed Black & White, and have also been a member of a private board. Have been an Admin on both Facebook Pages/Groups.

Collingwood Legends member, as are my brother and my eldest nephew (his two younger brothers stopped being members a few years ago), and I have been barracking for the ‘Pies since 1965, after a then school mate asked me to barrack for the ‘Pies because our school was packed with St Blunda supporters (Elwood Central).

Had the pleasure of meeting all the players many years ago, when Craig Stewart worked for a company supplying office stationery to the company where I was then working, and he invited me to a player BBQ. Still have the stubby holders from that BBQ, too!

Barracking for Collingwood is a lifelong commitment. Can’t stand the far too many whingers and moaners that we seem to have, though. If you barrack for Collingwood, stand with them; whingers and moaners should p*ss off and barrack for the Bloooos, like a former colleague of mine once did – there are helluva lot of whingers and moaners there.

Downsides – being at the Grannies in 1979, 1980 and 1981, missing both the 1990 and 2010 GF’s and Premierships, still haven’t seen us win one!

Spatfers

All Australian
Mar 16, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
BMFC
Hey Pie people, didn't want my first post to be bad news but I just got tweets that Treloar limped off the track and straight into the rooms! Would have posted a thread but don't have that privilege yet. Hope he's fine!!!!!!!!!!!:eek:

Spuddd

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
I'm a born a bred Collingwood supporter. I've been following the club for 23 years and have been a paid up meme be for 18 of those years.

My favourite players over the journey have been Shane O'Bree, Dane Swan and now Adam Treloar. I wore the same number as O'Bree in junior football, worshipped Swan as a player and played against Treloar during my youth.

My favourite Collingwood memory was Mark McGoughs Anzac Day medal performance. I'll never forget the Buckleys Brigade camp when I got to meet him for the first time, and hear his nickname "possum".

I'm a believer in our young list and believe that we will see a flag in the near future!

Mar 29, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi all

I am a long time Magpies supporter currently living overseas.

I love this club and will defend it always.

I think the events over the past week will galvanise the club and expect a much improved performance this week. We are on the right track and we just need to be patient.

Oh by the way I really have a complete and utter dislike for the Brisbane Bears/Lions or whatever they want to be called.

Swamp Pie

Draftee
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Long time listener, first time caller?

A bit nervous about taking your first tentative steps into the maelstrom that is BigFooty?

That's all cool, we were all newbies once, we know what it's like.

Why not introduce yourself by letting us know a little about yourself.

Here's some questions to help you!:

1) Who do you barrack for? (hint anything but Collingwood ends with a banzhammer)
2) Who's your favourite Collingwood player?
3) What is your favourite Collingwood moment?
4) How did you come to be a Pies fan?

Oh and last, but definitely not least, welcome to the Collingwood forum on BigFooty :thumbsu:
Answers: 1. Any team that weats black and White vertical stripes.
2. Old Player..... John Greening
Current Player.......Josh Daicos (OOps too soon for this).....Travis Varcoe currently
3. When 10 years old, at Glenferrie oval, my mother clocking a Hawthorn supporter with her umbrella after he pushed me off the terrace.
All I did to deserve this was let everyone know I thought Peter Hudson was soft and up himseld (didnt know if the latter was true but it
sounded right)

Swamp Pie

Draftee
Apr 7, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Oops haven't got the hang of this yet...... premature post....not even proofed
Also meant to say that I suffer from turnstile fever (the supporter equivalent of white line fever)

4. Originally said I was a Geelong supporter (at 5). Dad said good luck getting all the way to Geelong to the game. cos he and mum sure werent gonna take me. Lasted about a week. All my extended family support Pies.

PS Swamp Pie because I got the nickname Swampy after I spent some time working in the Florida Everglades. Hated that Nick.

My pet hate on Big Footy will be posters that try and make Pies supporter worry feel bad about life and Football.
I have read this forum for many years but am only now starting to find the time to think about contributing, how does that poster Tradedraft do it...its mind blowing.

Oops haven't got the hang of this yet...... premature post....not even proofed
Also meant to say that I suffer from turnstile fever (the supporter equivalent of white line fever)

4. Originally said I was a Geelong supporter (at 5). Dad said good luck getting all the way to Geelong to the game. cos he and mum sure werent gonna take me. Lasted about a week. All my extended family support Pies.

PS Swamp Pie because I got the nickname Swampy after I spent some time working in the Florida Everglades. Hated that Nick.

My pet hate on Big Footy will be posters that try and make Pies supporter worry feel bad about life and Football.
I have read this forum for many years but am only now starting to find the time to think about contributing, how does that poster Tradedraft do it...its mind blowing.
Do you still live in the States Swampy?

Chefdan

Draftee
Apr 11, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Hi gang, I've been hangin round a while watching and finally got to this thread so I thought f*ck it, must be my turn! So here we are. I'm 38 and have been a mad collingwood supporter for all of them.

I grew up in country Vic. Knowing nothing but black & white. Dad made sure. We'd catch the bus down to the MCG on a Saturday or Sunday arvo with all the other cheer squad, have raffles on the bus for who would kick the first goal. Ham & Cheese rolls, mum would always go to the bakery for fresh ones, muesli bars and chips, cans of coke. We lived for the footy. Anyway, enough reminiscing!!

Current member and have been a member when I've been able to. Would love to get to more games, but being a chef makes it hard, but I'll be at all the big ones, Rd.1, Anzac day, Queen's Birthday, and I always wanna be there against Richmond, they're the ones for me that grind me the most, I dunno maybe its just the supporters, but I love the atmosphere against them.

Dad currently sponsors a player, so I've been lucky enough to go to a couple of dinners and meet a few of the guys. Back in the day, I was lucky enough to be in the stands for the drawn final and replay in 1990, the win was one of the best days of footy I've ever had!

Dunno what else to say, that's me. Thanks for having me, I'll try not to make too much noise!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back